I've been trying to plan a way to use the factory saddle tank by adding hydramat and a .5 gallon surge tank but I think a fuel cell would be safer and more reliable way to go.  There is a ton of room in the rear seat area and I'd like to keep the cell in front of the rear axle and within the area of the cage.  I know @red0 's civic was set up but I never got a change to see it.  I can't help but geek out over @mcoppola's set up that he posted over in another thread.   I'd love to see if anyone else has a similar setup to what I'm trying to accomplish.  

• Thanks 1

@hcsi99  everything I've seen about your car build looks top-notch. I'd be glad to help out or answer any questions you might have. Thanks! And great job! Can't wait to see this car in person.  

• Thanks 1

Just under $2000.00 for fuel cell with built in surge tank.  

Fuel_Cell1_zpscylpovzr.jpg

I

My first attempt at body work.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  

Su_r57963Y6EJaIkSXnBMz4PpZ0IfQdoSh7jMwuT

7KQgzs4kQFx7WwuJ-RIMoWHvCMCQmpcYhSQGsQIG

rmo2df3WTmAthE50ciBbxLbTz_dFvINKmoQPPm4r

tJQ6SkbRNu_vzrkAVKruUSeA_XAw42-jouFcb89G

EPWu6ssPGC6MtEkKTmkVTycsICdKkc-Gmu2LKvts

-RiSL08-xCaAe-0almJjQX2ixjbW-iP_LNvbVXF6

Pjq7TllF8DLBAHgUZd-7pact2knnTtcwAKARdJqh

• Like 1

Check your last posts images. I'm only seeing a circle with - in the center yet.

• Thanks 1

Paint is on!  Dove Gray from Restoration Shop.  Looks good for a race car.  

Paint%201_zps1ox8zbx6.jpg

Paint%202_zpsgzuyhdcb.jpg

Paint%203_zps4ntwld2g.jpg

Paint%204_zpsri8rvczt.jpg

• Like 1

Mirrors and door handles back on, headlight wire harness and under hood fuse box installed, license plate pocket installed, rear sub frame ready for install, lower rocker molding panels repaired and waiting for new clips to install.  Daring Greatly Racing also has it's first sponsor!  More details to come on that in the next few weeks.  

Assembly%201_zpshmcucuxm.jpg

Assembly%203_zpsx4qw7oxf.jpg

Assembly%202_zpsudj6nepp.jpg

You are putting so much into this awesome build I'm going to be crushed when one of the...uhh...less than reputable/experienced/careful drivers/teams in Champ barrels into you and drags their car from the rear quarter to the front door. ☹️ Hint: stay off the track if you see the blue/orange #987 Boxster on the entrant list. 

S. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Daring Greatly Racing has partnered up with Radium Engineering for our Cadillac CTS endurance car build! 

Since 2010, Radium Engineering's goal has been to simply design and produce the highest quality, best performing aftermarket automotive products. Radium relies on a core team with a passion for innovation to lead the company toward advancement in the industry.  All Radium products are carefully planned with thorough R&D and designed in-house using the latest computer simulation and modeling techniques.  Extensive testing and evaluation ensures the performance of Radium products exceed consumer expectations. For these reasons, top motorsports competitors and enthusiasts worldwide rely on Radium Engineering products. 

Currently, Radium offers an expanding collection of motorsport parts and accessories for high performance and racing, focusing on their revolutionary fuel surge tank line and PCV oil catch can systems.  A growing collection of application specific parts are also being created. 

Daring Greatly Racing will be running  Radium Engineering’s fuel cell that  combines a competition-grade fuel cell with Radium's innovative Fuel Cell Surge Tank.  The fuel cell comes fully assembled and pressure tested.  Radium Engineering has a full line of FCST-equipped fuel cells available for any motorsports need.  These Radium-spec fuel cells are available with a choice of different bladder types in many popular sizes.   Check out http://www.radiumauto.com/ to configure your fuel cell. 

Fuel_Cell1_zpsufsotrdf.jpg

fuel-cell-cutaway1_zps2w6wr4ym.jpg

Fuel%20Cell%203_zpst4kk6ntv.jpg

• Like 1

All the body panels are back on the car, headlights, tail lights are in, rear subframe installed, pedals are installed, and some radiant heat shielding has been installed.  We are working on assembling the front subframe and suspension so that we can get some wheels and tires on the car.  Fuel cell cage is on the drawing board and will be started on soon.  

Front%20End_zps48ice3xv.jpg

Heat%20Sheild_zpsuf2w6c2c.jpg

Pedals_zpsiphwukfe.jpg

Antennas_zpslosjts3t.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A little "help" arrived this weekend.  Beer and I got some stuff done!

Beer_zpscuojxqwg.jpg

Front subframe and suspension installed!

Front%20Suspension_zpswc5cvc88.jpg

Front%20Subframe_zpsvcjg8wv3.jpg

• Like 1