SFI 3.2/A5 Single Layer - Still need undergarment?

Scott

The rules state that a single layer SFI3.2/A1 or A3 rated suit require FIA undergarments.  And that multi-layet SFI3.2/A5 rated suits do not.  What about a single layer suit that is rated SFI3.2/A5, does it require FIA undergarments?  Seems to fall between the two listings.  Apologies if this has been covered, couldn't find anything on search.

Thanks,
Scott

Why wouldn't you wear underwear? It provides extra time to pain. As someone who woke up from a crash and smelled gas, I learned that I was given a second chance. I didn't have nearly enough protection if the spill would have lit. 16 gal of fuel spilled on the track and I was parked in the middle of it when I woke up. Don't make the same mistake I did. I was lucky.

I am hear for a reason. If I can reach even one person that could be saved from what I have seen from survivors who were burned in race cars. I worked for one who had skin grafts on his hands from a fire. Coy Gibbs pulled him from the burning car. He forgot his gloves, always wore them. He crashed at Concord Motorsports Parks high banked 1/2 mile. The cell burst and the sparks lit the fuel He couldn't get out of the car because his hands didn't work from the burns. If it wasn't for Gibbs, Neal Browder may not have survived by his own words, he couldn't breath. He spent 2 months in the hospital.

• Like 1