Average registration of "rookie/new" teams to seasoned teams.

ChumpCar has been around for awhile, and I'm just wondering how the field looks these days. Not that I can base everything off forum feedback, but it looks like just about the majority of people racing in Chump now are pretty serious and have been racing for quite awhile. Just wondering what competition to expect and whether it's worth it to try to shoot for a podium or not.

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

How's the competition ?  DEE DEE has seem more first time success than I have ..  In my opinion the competition is tough a lot of very good racers have landed here and some have been raised in our series becoming good drivers ..   I don't think there is an ez street to success here , if success is winning , but the fun factor just happens naturally with the people and places you will find racing with us ...  what it does  take is a team working together and some luck and good finishes will happen  ....

• Like 1

Bill is so modest      his accomplishments other than fast racing cars ,, are his soon to be released Beyond epic failes racing sim game ..   oh and congratulations on the Most sparks award two years running ..

• Like 1

• Administrators

I would make sure the car is properly prepared and you're waiting for anything to happen on track so you can fix it.  If you run a race and keep your car reliable and stay out of the pits you have a chance of going for a top 20 or even a top 10 depending on how fast your drivers are.  This series has become a very competitive endurance racing series and not just a playground for rookies to play in but for some pros to play in to help with traffic management and to keep driving skills up to par.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:52 AM, RyanGreener said:

ChumpCar has been around for awhile, and I'm just wondering how the field looks these days. Not that I can base everything off forum feedback, but it looks like just about the majority of people racing in Chump now are pretty serious and have been racing for quite awhile. Just wondering what competition to expect and whether it's worth it to try to shoot for a podium or not.

I don't know why you wouldn't try to shoot for a podium. Even if you fall short time after time it is fun trying to improve and trying to achieve a goal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, red0 said:

I don't know why you wouldn't try to shoot for a podium. Even if you fall short time after time it is fun trying to improve and trying to achieve a goal. 

Some people don't have those goals.  Some new teams want to come out and race a track with their friends and not care much about a podium.  That is how some teams are geared whereas our teams are geared to go for the podiums and wins. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, red0 said:

Well, it's more like I am asking about this to set expectations for ourselves. We will try to win to the best of our ability with car choice and driving skill of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I would make sure the car is properly prepared and you're waiting for anything to happen on track so you can fix it.  If you run a race and keep your car reliable and stay out of the pits you have a chance of going for a top 20 or even a top 10 depending on how fast your drivers are.  This series has become a very competitive endurance racing series and not just a playground for rookies to play in but for some pros to play in to help with traffic management and to keep driving skills up to par.

My team sat out 3 hours at Thompson because we didn't have the correct spare guibo when our one exploded.   It's all about staying in the race.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, mender said:

New movie coming out:

"Racing Fieros: A Brief History of Whines"

Based on the book

"How to Win at Racing"

by Weave N Baulkim

Note: no hubs were harmed in the making of this film.

Chevette bearings>MR2 bearings

16 hours ago, Bandit said:

Chevette bearings>MR2 bearings

That must be the only thing better, but I guess that makes up for power, suspension design, drive train layout, gearing, intended market, etc. because according to the Value/Performance index, Chevette = MR2; both are at 150 points.

1981-Chevrolet-chevette1-620x350.jpg

a-toyota-mr2-that-keeps-on-ticking-14769

:P

Edited by mender
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1