• Members

Hello Everyone.  As it seems to be the thing to do, I'm going to also toss my hat into the ring for BoD nomination and election.

Rich Sainato

Member# CC001155

Kennesaw, GA

Looks like the thing to do is just bullet point who I am, what I believe, and where I may help.

- Founding member of the John Allen Special ChumpCar Team.

- Proud 3-time winner of Spirit of ChumpCar trophy with John Allen Special

- Grown team from a single car to a 4-car operation

- Built 5 cars specifically for ChumpCar use, with a 6th chassis scheduled for construction soon

- I've not got over 30 ChumpCar races under my belt serving roles from driver to crew chief

- I currently serve as Vice President of Operations to a small logistics firm, similar is size and scale to ChumpCar International.

- Built close relationship with staff over the years as a competitor and vendor through my work with MotorSportMedia as a trackside photographer

- Firm believer in cost controls and reducing speed creep while maintaining a stable ruleset

- Belief that the BoD doesn't need to meddle in the day to day operations of ChumpCar.  That is staff's job.  It's our duty to give them the tools they need to make ChumpCar successful

- Believe we need to give Tech the tools they need to identify and remove cheating from ChumpCar

- Full support for ChumpCar Media staff to grow our media presence via streaming video and social media platforms

- I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative.. but I am married to Katherine, the Eastern's Regions registrar

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read over my BoD profile.  I think my experiences over the past 5 years show that I may have some unique insights that can help ChumpCar grow if nominated and voted to the Board of Directors.  I love this series and want to make sure its around for a long time.

• Like 4

Rich

Great bio. Can I ask how many times you guys have podiumed?   I think the number is pretty low relative to the number of races  (if I am wrong I apologize!!), yet you guys are ALL IN.   I really respect that and think you would be a great representative for the "middle of the field", which is a very important constituency. 

• Members

47 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Rich

Great bio. Can I ask how many times you guys have podiumed?   I think the number is pretty low relative to the number of races  (if I am wrong I apologize!!), yet you guys are ALL IN.   I really respect that and think you would be a great representative for the "middle of the field", which is a very important constituency. 

We've got zero podiums to date.  We fall somewhere around that upper mid-pack in most fields.  

But I wouldn't sleep on us either.  We're coming.

And thanks for the support.  I feel like I'd be an asset to Chump, podiums or not.

1 hour ago, riche30 said:

We've got zero podiums to date.  We fall somewhere around that upper mid-pack in most fields.  

But I wouldn't sleep on us either.  We're coming.

And thanks for the support.  I feel like I'd be an asset to Chump, podiums or not.

I definitely think you'd be an asset either way, but I often think the forum chatter is "overweight" with front running teams

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, flyinglizard said:

How about posted tech sheets?    

How about a fuel rule? 

Thanks,MM 

It's my opinion and standing that the rules are the job of Mike and his staff.  The BoD can hear and rule on petitions the way the club is organized, but it is not our job to write new rules.

Personally, I'd like a pump fuel rule but that comes with its own consequences.  Who's going to incur the cost of testing fuel?  One way or another, it's going to be you, the membership.  Either directly through making you pay for the protest, or indirectly through increased entry fees.  More rules = more costs.

Log books are already posted at impound for the podium cars.  I think that system is enough for the time being.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

European or African?

Did it start life as an African swallow but had the drivetrain changed out so now its classified as an European swallow?

How many points is it for hollow bones?

That removes points from the starting point because it decreases reliability.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, riche30 said:

It's Monday.  Hit me with a question... 

Alrighty... how do you feel about how the situation was handled with cars of note:

The 300ZX Z32

The 400SX

Would you have recommended handling it differently?

11 minutes ago, lenbo211 said:

I can answer that one for you Ron.

"- Belief that the BoD doesn't need to meddle in the day to day operations of ChumpCar.  That is staff's job.  It's our duty to give them the tools they need to make ChumpCar successful"

:)

Actually I believe that staff needs financial oversight. And they need to demonstrate that they are executing to some sort of strategic plan. I know... what strategic plan? 

And I don't believe you are a candidate for the BOD. Also, candidates can have opinions about these two examples Ron cited.