2 hours ago, TAlexander said:

Hi! I'm Tiffany Alexander, from Birmingham, Alabama, I drive with the Burningham teams typically. I've had several local guys ask me about being on the board and several have sent nominations on my behalf....Oh and I'm a girl :)  My member# is CC005772

Great! What do you think is best for ChumpCar? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Great! What do you think is best for ChumpCar? 

In all honesty, I'm not coming in this with a preconceived fix or agenda. If you guys decide to put me in one of the spots I'd like to talk to everyone and see what's going on at the Board Level, goals ect. Then talk and listen to the Chumps and bring some of those idea and questions to the board. I just want Chumpcar to be the best it can be and that requires us all working together for the best benefits to all the Chumps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, TAlexander said:

In all honesty, I'm not coming in this with a preconceived fix or agenda. If you guys decide to put me in one of the spots I'd like to talk to everyone and see what's going on at the Board Level, goals ect. Then talk and listen to the Chumps and bring some of those idea and questions to the board. I just want Chumpcar to be the best it can be and that requires us all working together for the best benefits to all the Chumps.

I would recommend that you put together a little resume about yourself - much like the other candidates have - since others have asked you to run for the BOD, why do they think you'd be a good candidate (versus any of these other yahoos :lol:)?

You gotta play the game, sistah, but bring your own style to it. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TAlexander said:

Hi! I'm Tiffany Alexander, from Birmingham, Alabama, I drive with the Burningham teams typically. I've had several local guys ask me about being on the board and several have sent nominations on my behalf....Oh and I'm a girl :)  My member# is CC005772

You got my nomination!

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
14 hours ago, flyinglizard said:

What racing and or mechanical back ground do you have? 

Who is this question intended for?  If it is for Tiffany, I'll answer it for her and she can jump in to add/correct.  She has raced with us off and on since 2013, she has been our pit boss for races she didn't drive the car, she has fielded 2 cars of her own with rental seats at a couple of races and one car for a few more, she has been a PCA DE chair, she has many many track days at DE's in addition to the racing, and she has been an instructor with a lot of the track groups including PCA, BMW, Chin, JTI to name a few.  So, in summary she can drive, she can instruct to drive, she can run events, she knows what it takes to field multiple cars, and can obviously keep the peace because she has hung in there with us for years when she didn't have to or get anything for it. 

Edit:  Her husband races with us and owns a performance shop that has built a few chump cars in addition to the work on ours.  I mention that only because she can bounce information off him for things she might need more in-depth technical information on.

My feeling on her potentially being on the board would be I think she would use her experience and the input she receives from other racers to make the best judgement for the overall good of the club.  This without some preconceived agenda in mind.

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2017 at 8:33 AM, FlorahDorah said:

I would recommend that you put together a little resume about yourself - much like the other candidates have - since others have asked you to run for the BOD, why do they think you'd be a good candidate (versus any of these other yahoos :lol:)?

You gotta play the game, sistah, but bring your own style to it. ^_^

Thanks so much to those who spoke on my behalf. I am at the beach with my family, so I haven't completed a bio yet. I have made some notes, but I'll complete and post in the next day or so. Thanks to all for the support!! If anyone doesn't know me or has any direct questions just send them, I'll do my best to respond to all as soon as possible. I'm also on Facebook, send me a request. My email is tiffanyr.alexander@gmail.com 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt want you guys to think I forgot about this thread. I put together a little bio, and sent it over to Mike Chisek. The bios will be sent out with the questions proposed to the potential board members. The responses from each nominee will be sent out to all member. This will give everyone a chance to review everyone's thoughts and make an informed vote. Thanks again for all the good energy!!

• Like 3

Now I've got to listen to that Chumpcast just to see if Tiffany has one of those fine Alabama accents... That would make her even cuter than the smile on her avatar picture!!

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

Didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if anyone took it that way. Giving a person a compliment about something not related to their candidacy is a problem? 

I also posted compliments to Troy and Jer in another thread about their race craft and perseverance at the AMP race, which were totally unrelated to their candidacy for BOD. Once again, I apologize if anyone was offended....

You complimented the men on their race craft but chose to comment about the woman's smile, picture and accent and think that's equitable?  And Troy's got a gorgeous shiny head, although I don't think that qualifies him as a potential Board member any more than an accent or smile.  You were not the only one doing this.  And let me add that this is just my own opinion.  I'm not speaking for anyone but myself.  I appreciate your posting the apology as well but it's kind of like a "sorry for kicking you" kind of thing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1