Gearhead_42

VPI Numbers you just can't get your head around

2 hours ago, UglyBoost91 said:

I've always wanted to see a grassroots 4 cylinder C4 Corvette build, just to see the "Barret Jackson" purists brains explode ; ) A tuned 2.4 Ecotec aught to do it! Wait, that might make more power than a stock C4 Corvette in the 1980s, lol...

I'm a fan of this de-rate engine swap formula! haha

https://jalopnik.com/this-lifted-corvette-became-a-bmw-powered-race-car-for-1823656535

almost, kinda. 

We've been running a downgraded C5 in WRL for 5 years, It's amazing how good everything else on the car becomes when you have 100 less horsepower than stock. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

We've been running a downgraded C5 in WRL for 5 years, It's amazing how good everything else on the car becomes when you have 100 less horsepower than stock. 

What did you downgrade to?

48 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

What did you downgrade to?

They went down to the 4.8 then up to the 5.3 truck motors IIRC. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, karman1970 said:

19.8 gal before fuel cell and 10.9 lb/hp before you strip a thread of carpet. Similar curb weight as an SC300.  Yeah, they'll be stinking quick. Probably why we haven't heard from Bob in a long time - he's probably hard at work. He always threatened to build a 350Z or S2000 if they ever made the list...

I'm still accumulating things (got 2), Lots to learn. :)  Plus, crazy busy at work.  As they say, "you gotta make hay when the sun shines".  I'd like to shake out a Z sometime this fall.  We'll see.  I know I want it to be inline with Joeys rules too. I don't want to find myself in GTO instead of GT1.  GTO in my opinion is like the EC class.  Where you go when you boned the rules.  :P    We're kind of good to go with Cathys classes.  I think my head will be in the right place with these (if we build them).  With the other cars I always felt I was up against Johns "silli-ness".  With these, I just want to drive them and am not "as" concerned about the classes or finish.  I think that's a good place to be. :)

32979058344_a23cbb6869_h.jpg

I did a mock up in photoshop of a 370.  Looks pretty cool. :) If I could get something to look like this, I think I'd be happy with it. :)

28595852128_b6d80ffede_o.jpg

Edited by Ham Sammich
  • Like 4

On 5/22/2018 at 7:50 AM, red0 said:

They went down to the 4.8 then up to the 5.3 truck motors IIRC. 

The 5.3 easily outclasses any sbc in a C4.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, Bandit said:

The 5.3 easily outclasses any sbc in a C4.

Is swaping Vortex heads on a stock SBC consider a "head swap" or is that a "freebie" 

1 hour ago, TiredBirds said:

Is swaping Vortex heads on a stock SBC consider a "head swap" or is that a "freebie" 

Do you want BMW's and hondas to have free range no points mix and match lego engine builds? 

Edited by JDChristianson

4 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Do you want BMW's and hondas to have free range no pints mix and match lego engine builds? 

Please, no, I'm already having cold sweats...

1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

Do you want BMW's and hondas to have free range no points mix and match lego engine builds? 

Just asking... because they aren't an "aftermarket" head. 

7 hours ago, TiredBirds said:

Considered claiming a head swap versus complete Vortec 5.7 but probably not going that way.

On the flip side, a 350 block is a 350 block, right?

Btw just to be clear 5.3 heads won't work on a 5.7. Different Vortec's.

Edited by Bandit