What radio helmet kit are you using?

mindspin311

When I started racing a few years ago, I purchased a very budget NASCAR helmet kit. It appears to have died at VIR, so I need something new before Barber What is everyone using? I know Sampson is a series sponsor, is there a preferred kit from Sampson that I should consider?

Edited by mindspin311

I bought the imsa kit off eBay, but it never made it to my doorstep and the seller wouldn't help me. EBay also told me to pound sand even after I filed a police report at  their request. Needless to say I won't be buying from him or ebay ever again. That being said, one of my teammates bought a stilo and gave me his old imsa kit from eBay. It's worked great, earplugs are not very comfy but they get the job done. Hopefully I can talk Santa into bringing me a size 60 stilo with coms and hydration built in.

22 hours ago, Shawn Sampson said:

Hi John-

Here is a link to helmet kits

http://www.sampsonracing.com/helmet-kits-for-racing-radios-s/1906.htm

Note: Our S9 IMSA helmet kit is the very best in the industry. 

You could also go with a DIY build kit which is very popular as well

Cheers, Shawn

Is there really a noticeable upgrade from the standard mic to the S9? if I want the S9 in a NASCAR package, do I have to go the DIY route?

Edited by mindspin311

5 minutes ago, Shawn Sampson said:

Yes there is a massive difference. Yes, we will build it for you so its ready to be installed no problem-

Massive difference from the M101 to S9 mic?  (I assume the M101 is the one I would have bought in the "expert 5W package).

Can you give more info on the difference?

• 2 weeks later...