Jump to content

2018 Events are now open for registration


Bill Strong
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

summerof24s_1200.png

 

The 2018 event registration has been open for a few days.  Some events late in the year are awaiting final track confirmation, but once we get it, they will go live. 

 

Don't forget, some events will sell out fast as they do have limits on the number of cars per mile.

 

And don't forget the Summer of 24s! 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 9:50 AM, KneeScraper said:

Nothing in the Northwest? Oregon Raceway Park? The Ridge? Pacific Raceway?

You must not have got the memo.

They new management has abandoned us in the NW.

Oh but wait, just to keep a toe in the game, at the 11th hour they scheduled a race at ORP, the same weekend that the Indy Cars return to PIR..... bad planning in my opinion.

 But my personal conversations with chumpcar staff lead me to believe they have no interest the NW.....

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

You must not have got the memo.

They new management has abandoned us in the NW.

Oh but wait, just to keep a toe in the game, at the 11th hour they scheduled a race at ORP, the same weekend that the Indy Cars return to PIR..... bad planning in my opinion.

 But my personal conversations with chumpcar staff lead me to believe they have no interest the NW.....

 

 

 

What is missing?  Portland, The Ridge, and Pacific?  I don't enjoy Portland myself.  Would I go watch Indy?  If I was in the area I would go watch them do practice or qualifying then go do my race at ORP. 

 

The Ridge is awesome.  Pacific eats cars at the rate of 1-2 per weekend but I still want to go.  Nobody goes to Spokane.  Area 27 would be awesome if ChumpCar Canada (ChampCar Canada?) can get it.

 

I think a pretty decent schedule has been presented given the support they have seen.  Sonoma, Thunderhill, Utah, ORP, Autoclub, Laguna.  Castrol is on the schedule but it is the same weekend as Utah.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, fairlane2k said:

You must not have got the memo.

They new management has abandoned us in the NW.

Oh but wait, just to keep a toe in the game, at the 11th hour they scheduled a race at ORP, the same weekend that the Indy Cars return to PIR..... bad planning in my opinion.

 But my personal conversations with chumpcar staff lead me to believe they have no interest the NW.....

 

 

   Patience grasshopper .  About my conversations with ChampCar staff I can assure you they have interest in the northwest , West and central .  Just think about the CHANGE no more divisions , a new name , a National Championship , few overlapping events , consistently inforced rules and tech , races started on time and managed in a professional manner and broadcast to the world .  What do you think this is all about ?

  If it's a decision on going to watch I don't care who race or racing myself well guess what Im racin . Now you have to do your part , I mean how can you folks over there not want some of this . I know it will take some time to build it back up over there but you can bet ChampCar is going to try hard . 

   

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2017 at 9:24 PM, Doc said:

Go ahead...try and name one.

One what?

1 chumpcar official or 1 personal conversation?

 

Either way I'm not going to out someone and what was said to me in a "personal conversation" because its just that PERSONAL, or in simple terms it was an A to B conversation for you to C your way out of. And as I said It was the impession they gave me, not Chumpcar's official position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, okkustom said:

consistently inforced rules

managed in a professional manner and broadcast to the world

I dont know how they are doing things back east....but especially last few years

None of those things are happening here....

Consistently enforced rules!

Haha....we cant even get the cornerworkers to WATCH THE TRACK!!!.  I have video of cornerworkers with their backs to the track or just not in the stands at all.

Managed in a professional manner???.?

We have race control cheating because they dont like my drivers for whatever reason and calling bogus calls on race leaders, all with video evidence, and Chumpcar was confronted about it and basicly said I was right, but they couldnt give a flying poop, except to shine me on about how they are changing things...

WE WONT PAY TO RACE IF WE ARENT ALLOWED THE CHANCE TO WIN. PERIOD.  Chumpcar has credibility issues.

 

Broadcast to the world.....

WHY??? They are proud to be a "non spectator" series....  those two things are incompatible. Add to that all the times I have paid for "spectators" to come to the race.....  my 70yr old mother IS NOT part of the crew....she is there to watch also known as spectating, yet I pay admission for her.

 

Just my 2 cents. But like I said.....I dont know how things are run where you are.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

Haha....we cant even get the cornerworkers to WATCH THE TRACK!!!.  I have video of cornerworkers with their backs to the track or just not in the stands at all.

ChampCar often (always?) has no control over corner workers... we had some real bad flagging at Gingerman this year. You shouldn't blame this stuff on ChampCar.

2 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

We have race control cheating because they dont like my drivers for whatever reason and calling bogus calls on race leaders, all with video evidence, and Chumpcar was confronted about it and basicly said I was right, but they couldnt give a flying poop, except to shine me on about how they are changing things...

Would love to see this stuff put on the forum... we (the collective forum ChampCar membership public) have no idea what you're talking about and would be interested.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

One what?

1 chumpcar official or 1 personal conversation?

 

Either way I'm not going to out someone and what was said to me in a "personal conversation" because its just that PERSONAL, or in simple terms it was an A to B conversation for you to C your way out of. And as I said It was the impession they gave me, not Chumpcar's official position. 

Not naming names; I can respect that. So it was an opinion. Well, we all have those.

I can assure you, it is NOT our official position. Otherwise we would not schedule a race there and at a pretty nice discount. It will take some time to get regular dates back in place.

 

32 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

Broadcast to the world.....

WHY??? They are proud to be a "non spectator" series....  those two things are incompatible. Add to that all the times I have paid for "spectators" to come to the race.....  my 70yr old mother IS NOT part of the crew....she is there to watch also known as spectating, yet I pay admission for her.

We broadcast select races so our fans and the racers that are not racing that weekend can keep up with their friend's races. We are not "proud" to be a non-spectator series; This has to do specifically with our insurance rates being kept at a reasonable rate as there is a HUGE difference for promoted and ticketed events. That's all there is to it.

 

36 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

Haha....we cant even get the cornerworkers to WATCH THE TRACK!!!

Corner workers, the emergency crews, as well as the track workers (towing, gate attendants, sweeper trucks) are all provided by the tracks. It's not like we have a travelling road show like NASCAR or the NHRA to name a couple of bigger series.

 

40 minutes ago, fairlane2k said:

But like I said.....I dont know how things are run where you are.

Once all the staff is in place, the West Coast events will be run just like the East Coast events. It just takes some time to get the right people in place.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MARC RUTHERFORD said:

(Pit Passes: Teams are advised that all team members, family, and guests who desire Pit Lane access MUST purchase a Weekend Membership Pass through ChampCar at the track.)

Road Atlanta weekend, how much are the Pit Passes for the weekend?

 

It's in the event supplementals:

 

Guest Pass: Guests may purchase a weekend membership to ChampCar at the gate and watch the race for $10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MARC RUTHERFORD said:

Thanks for that, but I was asking specifically about Pit passes for Pit access? I saw in the supplemental info the Guest pass is $10. There was no mention of how much the Pit access pass was going to cost?

 

Oh pit access, that's $150 per day. :ph34r::D

 

haha, just kidding. We aren't IMSA here, once you are in the gate you are free to go pretty much anywhere except for on the track!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[1.1.2. ChumpCar International / ChampCar World Series Membership: Membership is open to ALL, without restriction. Full membership in ChampCar requires an annual dues payment of $50 and is valid 12 months from the date of purchase. Full members shall be issued a membership number and a digital membership card.]

I registered as a member before the Sebring Race last Sept but have not received any type of "membership" card, digital or otherwise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...