Sign in to follow this  
shutupracing

2018 Schedule?

Just wondering when Chumpcar Canada 2018 schedule is usually released.

Would really like to get my team up to Canada to experience any of the great tracks up there.

Hot off Chumpcar Canada Facebook newsfeed:

We have been working hard on the 2018 schedule and it should be out by the end of next week! Here is a little teaser......due to popular demand, Shannonville is back on the schedule for May 4/5!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Sunferrari said:

Hot off Chumpcar Canada Facebook newsfeed:

We have been working hard on the 2018 schedule and it should be out by the end of next week! Here is a little teaser......due to popular demand, Shannonville is back on the schedule for May 4/5!!

Thanks! Following them on Facebook now.

If you look at Area 27's calendar and consider all weekends that have open members lapping as potential dates, then look at what dates we know for Chumpcar Canada plus the Sept 1&2 in Oregon there are only 11 possible weekends between April 1 and the Chumpionship race date. Apr 7,8 & 28,29 May 19,20 June 2,3 9,10 or 16,17 July 14,15 Aug 4,5 or 11,12 Sept 29,30 and Oct 13,14. That's not too many to keep open is it?!! Look at that track!  You know you'll be going.

Area27track.jpg

10 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

Ok, so what's the general consensus on where the race on October 20th is...?

Tremblant?  Is that too much to hope for?? 

• Like 1

Just received the following email from Chumpcar Canada; Sal & Wendy;

Happy 'Off Season' everyone! 
We have so much to tell you but before we get to that, here is the link to the 2018 Memberships page through Motorsportreg.com... I know some of you are anxious because you are racing in the US soon.  Nothing has changed in this regard, if you are Canadian, you get your new membership through us, I update you in the US database.  If you are American, you pay your membership to the ChampCar website, email me info@chumpcarcanada and I will update your Canadian side. Please have all your personal info on both sites please! 
Other than that, well I can tell you we have been very very busy working on the 2018 Season.
We, ChumpCar Canada have been working alongside many others to make this series a much more exciting, lucrative and more inclusive.  You may have heard or seen the name Canadian Endurance Racing these past few months.  Well, we have not technically changed ChumpCar Canada BUT it has morphed a bit.  The Canadian Endurance Racing series (CER) will include different types of race cars than you may be used to seeing on the track.  We will be having mini enduro's along with our usual long enduro's at our events, this will include a one and three hour enduro.  All EC cars will now run in CER as well.  What does that mean to you?  Nothing really, unless you are EC.  It opens the rule book up for those guys, safely remains the same.  Rule book remains the same regarding the builds for ChumpCars.
Having said that, we have 'Canadianized' the US rule book because we have made a few administrative changes.  To view and READ the new Canadian version rule book, please click here...2018 CANADIAN RULE BOOK.  You will see most of the Canadian changes in blue. Red is mostly the new rules overall for Chump/ChampCar.
The pricing has gone up for 2018 to align more with the US.  In having done that though we have a deeply discounted BIG 3 (Ontario races) payment, and early bird pricing that needs to be paid in full within 30 days, rather than the old 60 days.
All the events are in the system and I am just waiting for motorsportreg to give us the go ahead before they are live.  We will notify you as soon as it is done.
To view the CER rules (NOT ChumpCar rules) please view them here....
We have recently announced an amazing new sponsor NA Tires, and I know that you will all be very pleased with the changes that have been made!  There will be more sponsorship announcements soon!
I will send another email as soon as the events are up and running!
Thank you!!
Sal and Wendy 

Wendy Edwards
info@chumpcarcanada.com - Executive Director
Sal Sanfilippo- Executive Director

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, The Sunferrari said:

If you look at Area 27's calendar and consider all weekends that have open members lapping as potential dates, then look at what dates we know for Chumpcar Canada plus the Sept 1&2 in Oregon there are only 11 possible weekends between April 1 and the Chumpionship race date. Apr 7,8 & 28,29 May 19,20 June 2,3 9,10 or 16,17 July 14,15 Aug 4,5 or 11,12 Sept 29,30 and Oct 13,14. That's not too many to keep open is it?!! Look at that track!  You know you'll be going.

Area27track.jpg

Look at that pit lane.  Weird and cool.

22 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Look at that pit lane.  Weird and cool.

Seeing the pit boards would be a b*tch. :)