Top 10 Tracks in the US, according to R&T

Road & Track published a list of the top 10 race tracks in the US.  ChumpCar will race at 8 of them in 2018 with 1 other being raced at in 2016 and 2017 (COTA).  The only one ChumpCar hasn't raced at is Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  Thanks to @chisek and your staff for giving us the opportunity to race at the best tracks around!  Now get working on Indy :)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/g13082436/best-race-tracks-in-america/

1- VIR

2- Sonoma

3- Sebring
4- Daytona
5- Road Atlanta

6- Watkins Glen

7- COTA

8- Road America

9- Indianapolis

10 - Laguna Seca

• Like 9

If Daytona and Road America are on their list, the list is crap.  Daytona is in the bottom one (1) of tracks I've ever raced.  Yes, it's the worst.  It has great name cache though i guess.  The Iowa roval was quite a bit more entertaining haha.

5 minutes ago, Jer said:

If Daytona and Road America are on their list, the list is crap.  Daytona is in the bottom one (1) of tracks I've ever raced.  Yes, it's the worst.  It has great name cache though i guess.  The Iowa roval was quite a bit more entertaining haha.

Haven't raced at Daytona, but would have to strongly disagree with you on Road America. Road America is a fantastic track and facility! 

• Like 2

I like Road America, it's beautiful and iconic.  Great facility too.  But it's basically a series of straights with connectors.  I have raced and podium'ed there and plan to return next spring.  But it's not a top ten track in my book.  Unlisted tracks I would rather race at in order: Mosport, Nelson Ledges, High Plains, Barber, NCM, Summit Point and Pittsburgh.  

1 hour ago, Jer said:

I like Road America, it's beautiful and iconic.  Great facility too.  But it's basically a series of straights with connectors.  I have raced and podium'ed there and plan to return next spring.  But it's not a top ten track in my book.  Unlisted tracks I would rather race at in order: Mosport, Nelson Ledges, High Plains, Barber, NCM, Summit Point and Pittsburgh.  

You must find a way to get to ORP.  Once you do it you will see what I mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jer said:

Mosport is by far my favourite, but that's a little biased as that's my home track. VIR was pretty good.. Loved the onsite Hotel... can't beat that.  Calabogie would be one to add to the list

3 minutes ago, KSRD said:

Mosport is by far my favourite, but that's a little biased as that's my home track. VIR was pretty good.. Loved the onsite Hotel... can't beat that.  Calabogie would be one to add to the list

Haven't been to Calabogie, Mosport is a great track, big balls.  I finally get to try AMP this weekend, maybe it will get there.  ORP would be nice too.  

Having only driven Mosport, Calabogie, Watkins Glen, Gingerman, and now Road America, my favourite is Watkins.  It's got the whole package, great flow, magically stick asphalt, amazing facilities (garages, washrooms, showers, RV spots), and situated in the gorgeous Finger Lakes region.  Road America was also great but the long high-speed straights followed by lower-speed turns is gonna take some getting used to, but I've been told that pro drivers like it better than Watkins.  

I'd love to experience many of the tracks on this list like Sonoma, Laguna, Road Atlanta ... heck, I'd like to drive every one.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jer said:

Haven't been to Calabogie, Mosport is a great track, big balls.  I finally get to try AMP this weekend, maybe it will get there.  ORP would be nice too.  

That's what everyone says about Mosport, but it's alright once you get enough seat time...  Where's ORP?

Calabogie takes some time to remember.. there's about 24 turns... and they're thinking of extending it.. LOL

8 minutes ago, miatainium said:

Having only driven Mosport, Calabogie, Watkins Glen, Gingerman, and now Road America, my favourite is Watkins.  It's got the whole package, great flow, magically stick asphalt, amazing facilities (garages, washrooms, showers, RV spots), and situated in the gorgeous Finger Lakes region.  Road America was also great but the long high-speed straights followed by lower-speed turns is gonna take some getting used to, but I've been told that pro drivers like it better than Watkins.  

I'd love to experience many of the tracks on this list like Sonoma, Laguna, Road Atlanta ... heck, I'd like to drive every one.  

I only got 3 laps at Road America, so no feedback, but maybe next time I'll do more.  The garage at Watkins was awesome (thanks to @miatainium for the recommendation).. We made full use of it.. that's for sure. ... looking at Road Atlanta and Daytona for 2018 along with a slew of others..... maybe...just maybe Laguna.

• Like 1