Justin9 -Shop Burned to ground! Help Needed! "UPDATE"

I got an email this morning that the first $1,300 check was being mailed to me.  I can not express how great you guys are!

I promise that each of your donations will be used to rebuild Speedway Creations.  It looks like Geico will pay me for the Miata I had (I mean, I had full coverage, I don't understand why I had to fight them that much), unfortunately, the scene is still under investigation so I am unable to allow them to remove the car so they will not send me that check until they can, which I plan to use towards a new trailer.  I should charge them storage fee!

I have been searching CL using Search Tempest for either a Camaro or Firebird within 350 miles of my 31643 zipcode.  I would actually prefer a Bird, I think they look better, especially if you use the 98 and up nose.  I will probably pickup a 98 and up v6 car since they are dirt cheap and use it for body parts, but I haven't found that $2000 running V8 manual car like I did two years ago.

Edited by Justin9
  • Like 7

Just thought I add this, when you live in a small town, you can make the front page pretty easily.  Since I am the County Manager, I'm usually in their for something related for work, this week, we made the front page for the wrong reason.

22853322_10155823528628210_6192564078460795089_n.jpg

Funny thing is, I was also in the movie "Spook Bridge" that premiered last week with a speaking part.

Edited by Justin9
  • Like 3

I remembered tonight that my list didn't include CRAFTSMAN 39 PC. STANDARD TAP AND DIE SET, I know the set was somewhere around my craftsman welder on the floor, maybe the dies and taps survived, won't know until they clear the scene I guess...  I hate to think of all the stuff that gets lost because it's just sitting there in the ruins...

So, the Miller Mig Welder I had at the shop, it was a 170 amp model.  Long story short, that was a loaner from a friend, who apparently had borrowed it from another guy.  So I'm in the market for a Miller Brand mig welder, at least a 170 amp unit, so if someone has a spare one sitting around they want to part with, something like that are maybe a 180 model, I'd like to talk.

Pfft, got one better than that, just need to figure out how to post a pic of it.

Anyway Justin, I have a 95 Z28 that has been sitting for 3 years.  Used to start it regularly but not so much as of late.  Roughly 110.000 on the miles and ran strong when parked.   It just drank more fuel than my Miata to drive and it wasn't as comfortable as I remembered it was 15 years ago when I had another one.  So I basically just parked it for no other reason than that.   Additive in the fuel and the tank was full when parked.   Needs a batt and servicing before driving.   T-top car, black, grey inners.  Tires are stock size with full tread and less than 7k on them, stock 16" wheels from a later model and I have a set of corvette wheels (17"front,18"rears) that came on the car when I purchased it.   Too rough a ride so I changed em.  

It's a auto so unfortunately you'd have source pedals, and a trans. 

It's by no means perfect.   Some stuff has failed from sitting, power windows and ac that I remember.   And the drivers top leaks but the seat was covered always.  Paint sucks and one minor spot to repair.   And it can use a replacement alternator mount as the top bolt on the bracket was over tighten and it was broken when I got it.   But it never has ever been a issue for the street.

Price   mmmmmmmm    for you only and no one else    $1,000   

If I can figure out how to post pics I will take a bunch for ya.   I'll work on that.

And tinted windows with inner t-top covers  !!!!!!    LOL

Edit, forgot it has headers and crappy glasspacks on it, K&N cold air intake and a Hypertech power programmer too.   Kinda loud the way it is.  :) 

Edited by Evilwheel
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

Pfft, got one better than that, just need to figure out how to post a pic of it.

Anyway Justin, I have a 95 Z28 that has been sitting for 3 years.  Used to start it regularly but not so much as of late.  Roughly 110.000 on the miles and ran strong when parked.   It just drank more fuel than my Miata to drive and it wasn't as comfortable as I remembered it was 15 years ago when I had another one.  So I basically just parked it for no other reason than that.   Additive in the fuel and the tank was full when parked.   Needs a batt and servicing before driving.   T-top car, black, grey inners.  Tires are stock size with full tread and less than 7k on them, stock 16" wheels from a later model and I have a set of corvette wheels (17"front,18"rears) that came on the car when I purchased it.   Too rough a ride so I changed em.  

It's a auto so unfortunately you'd have source pedals, and a trans. 

It's by no means perfect.   Some stuff has failed from sitting, power windows and ac that I remember.   And the drivers top leaks but the seat was covered always.  Paint sucks and one minor spot to repair.   And it can use a replacement alternator mount as the top bolt on the bracket was over tighten and it was broken when I got it.   But it never has ever been a issue for the street.

Price   mmmmmmmm    for you only and no one else    $1,000   

If I can figure out how to post pics I will take a bunch for ya.   I'll work on that.

And tinted windows with inner t-top covers  !!!!!!    LOL

Edit, forgot it has headers and crappy glasspacks on it, K&N cold air intake and a Hypertech power programmer too.   Kinda loud the way it is.  :) 

That awesome man, I can give you my cell if that would be easier for you to shoot some pictures...   229-563-5238

The hardest thing about this platform is tracking down the T56 trans.  Basically, I'm looking for any car from a 93-02 that has the trans I need, and I will build the rest around it.  The Camaro/Firebird cars had a t56 that was a certain length, so Mustang or Vette T56 won't just bolt in from what I remember building the first car around...

• 1993-'02 Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird (29.75 inches long)
  • 1997-'07 Chevy Corvette (19.25 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Dodge Ram SRT10 (27.125 inches long; bellhousing is part of the transmission)
  • 1992-'07 Dodge Viper (27.125 inches long, bellhousing is part of the transmission)
  • 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R (32.5 inches long)
  • 2003-'04 Ford Mustang Cobra (32.5 inches long)
  • 2005-'06 Chevrolet SSR (33 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Pontiac GTO (33 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Cadillac CTS-V (35 inches long, including rear-mounted shifter)

Another Tremec six-speed transmission was used in later models, the TR-6060, which was derived from the T56. We'll address the compatibility of the TR-6060 in future issues. All original GM and Dodge applications use the hydraulically activated clutch releases (except for the 1993 F-Bodies). However, the Ford Mustang Cobra and 1993 Camaro and Firebird applications use a mechanical clutch linkage.

Also be aware that the GM F-body transmissions are canted 18 degrees towards the driver. This was a design that was necessary to fit the floor console of the Camaros and Firebirds, and can present a problem when installing the T56 into non-F-Body vehicles.

So that's the battle I'm currently facing, I looking for any V8 Manual Firebird or Camaro, T-Top, Hardtop, Convertible, that I can buy for the drivetrain that if nessecary, could be swapped into another chassis.  (That's what puts the Verts in place, even I get a good deal on it I'll take it because I can get cheap v6 manual cars all day, whatever body and color I want!)

5 hours ago, Justin9 said:

That awesome man, I can give you my cell if that would be easier for you to shoot some pictures...   229-563-5238

The hardest thing about this platform is tracking down the T56 trans.  Basically, I'm looking for any car from a 93-02 that has the trans I need, and I will build the rest around it.  The Camaro/Firebird cars had a t56 that was a certain length, so Mustang or Vette T56 won't just bolt in from what I remember building the first car around...

• 1993-'02 Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird (29.75 inches long)
  • 1997-'07 Chevy Corvette (19.25 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Dodge Ram SRT10 (27.125 inches long; bellhousing is part of the transmission)
  • 1992-'07 Dodge Viper (27.125 inches long, bellhousing is part of the transmission)
  • 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R (32.5 inches long)
  • 2003-'04 Ford Mustang Cobra (32.5 inches long)
  • 2005-'06 Chevrolet SSR (33 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Pontiac GTO (33 inches long)
  • 2004-'06 Cadillac CTS-V (35 inches long, including rear-mounted shifter)

Another Tremec six-speed transmission was used in later models, the TR-6060, which was derived from the T56. We'll address the compatibility of the TR-6060 in future issues. All original GM and Dodge applications use the hydraulically activated clutch releases (except for the 1993 F-Bodies). However, the Ford Mustang Cobra and 1993 Camaro and Firebird applications use a mechanical clutch linkage.

Also be aware that the GM F-body transmissions are canted 18 degrees towards the driver. This was a design that was necessary to fit the floor console of the Camaros and Firebirds, and can present a problem when installing the T56 into non-F-Body vehicles.

So that's the battle I'm currently facing, I looking for any V8 Manual Firebird or Camaro, T-Top, Hardtop, Convertible, that I can buy for the drivetrain that if nessecary, could be swapped into another chassis.  (That's what puts the Verts in place, even I get a good deal on it I'll take it because I can get cheap v6 manual cars all day, whatever body and color I want!)

It'll be here if you need it, not planning on doing anything with it for now.   Was thinking if doing something with it if the sprint aspect of Chumpcar had taken off, but it seems it isn't.  So it just sits. 

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLTk4NWItMTg3Yy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMi6Q6kOKSGTpe3%2FzWWKqf0BwA9hBsFFYH8QY13vWfllX0aAAACAQwAAAA9hBsFFYH8QY13vWfllX0aAAIO4KsnAAAAARIAEAD5Bd9ptuTrRZPP61v5MbqQ&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=UZkYKJra5EKyZ89iuW_l52Dv3iLeItUYVLXK3aSGqXQxhYe3EGr8Dt2QBke0ZOWun37804m5mLo.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.FTZjnj53x2JZZMfdCzMpd7LIvu--C9JpgZHw9_OkWuoPrzcqQVa-CYgf-wu4bodmlBhFgMjp3GwZHEt_8qYA-PqeJdbjdqyBvRvfngZvBncyOKc5q-N0sOuim8QpRDP5MhWBlOXo4aY-Km_GpFt-Q_C9PgFAnZx6IZYWpHnrjh1JW7K8GOFW9ZpPRFGA7Y8m1kHc_yBZPlImZo47QsqZjyzWP9MSiaiKPoeqhbOLJb9GGDh5xoIS69vUdhTICFB5tjW5KpXK1mUFNrUci_co32oQE9fEqAdZo7sa_3vl2zNTqlhAUQqQPFOCZweKNiqHAT7oyixt2LXjJfmuOsACpA&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

I'll send more pics to your phone in a few days.   

Edited by Evilwheel

6 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Have you had access to barney to confirm if he lost the trans?

I can tell you that the top of the shift plate is melted off of it...   the entire interior I had built and the seat are completely gone, I mean, I had just put oil in it, so it was full, but I don't know how much i would trust it....   besides, wasn't the bellhousing cast aluminum David?  It probably got pretty wrecked if it was.

Edited by Justin9

39 minutes ago, pintodave said:

Yessir, Bellhousing is alum, so it could be toasted, fingers crossed you get a little lucky on something salvageable that has some value... any T56 parts would be a good start. 

The first thing I thought "can he save the trans"?

Saw the temps... ugh Hopefully something is salvageable. 

Props to @Evilwheel as well. That's why I love this group of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Def needs taken apart (generally speaking) modern trans have plastic parts inside.

That is what I was thinking as well - pretty sure I remember there being something plastic near the tailshaft. Will be a good indicator of heat inside of it. If its just deformed I think that's good, if its vaporized or a ball of goop down inside the belly of the trans, that would be worse (today, I am captain obvious)

Edited by pintodave

There is what at first pass appears like a good deal on an F-Body up here  (a little out of your 350 mile circle)

asking 4500 for a Camaro SS 2000 with 110k...  rebuilt trans, sounds like spun bearing...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-camaro-ss/6350739876.html

Says he likes his wheels...  I was thinking of going to negotiate with some salad shooters...  and see if I could score for a little winter project, sell in spring for some $$  but in reality if you could get it under 4 its probably not a bad place to start for a LS1 T56...  (depending how save-able the engine is)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xph said:

There is what at first pass appears like a good deal on an F-Body up here  (a little out of your 350 mile circle)

asking 4500 for a Camaro SS 2000 with 110k...  rebuilt trans, sounds like spun bearing...

Says he likes his wheels...  I was thinking of going to negotiate with some salad shooters...  and see if I could score for a little winter project, sell in spring for some $$  but in reality if you could get it under 4 its probably not a bad place to start for a LS1 T56...  (depending how save-able the engine is)

The motor with low pressure...

Otherwise I'd be there. For a DD. Tank too small, right @pintodave?

Edit-Trying to remember. This car is 330hp and legal, right?

Edited by Bandit

45 minutes ago, Xph said:

Called the number.

Disconnected.  Ugh..

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

The motor with low pressure...

Otherwise I'd be there. For a DD. Tank too small, right @pintodave?

Edit-Trying to remember. This car is 330hp and legal, right?

It's an LS Car, so it is "legal" but takes laps before you even add anything else to it like a radiator. But, I believe the LS cars came with a slightly bigger tank IIRC. That would be a fun DD! I remember when these first came out, a dude I know that was big into street racing bought one and we went for a rip around the block, very impressive for a stock pony car. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pintodave said:

It's an LS Car, so it is "legal" but takes laps before you even add anything else to it like a radiator. But, I believe the LS cars came with a slightly bigger tank IIRC. That would be a fun DD! I remember when these first came out, a dude I know that was big into street racing bought one and we went for a rip around the block, very impressive for a stock pony car. 

A LS Ws6 smoked my SCX in a straight line.

Wouldn't go for a back road pass. (Sw Wisconsin.  Big hills and lots of curves. )

He knew.  

Saying that, an SS Camaro.... Someone will melt down.