Justin9 -Shop Burned to ground! Help Needed! "UPDATE"

2 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Need more pics. :D

Not how a teaser works...

I drove to Jacksonville Tuesday night and got this car at about 10:30 pm.  I had to coach a soccer game first then leave afterwards.  The trailer we borrowed used a 4 way for lights, and of course Dad's truck (cause my grandfather is borrowing mine) only has a 7 way, so we had to go buy a adapter, and get gas, drive all the way to north 295 and 95, etc..  I got home Wednesday morning around 2am.  So I haven't even unloaded it yet.

1994 Z28, it is a 94k all original car.  LT1 with T56 trans, but it is a T-Top car, that's not the end of the world, just means I would need a donor roof for this chassis.  It looks fairly decent but runs rough, hopefully, I was given reliable information and it is stale gas and fouled plugs.  It smells like it has bad gas (insert fart joke here).  I would love to find a 98+ Firebird body/chassis to stuff this drive train into.  I love the Firebird body and honestly would rather do that this time then a Camaro.  This car has a few odd and end things that need work, some of the interior needs some tlc (it has Red seats to match the paint).  It looks fairly clean underneath except for the typical oil/grime around the bottom of the engine bay.

The best thing about this deal was...  I have a sponsor, who generally watches from the sidelines, that came through and "helped" me purchase this car.

This morning I got tag and insurance for it, since I don't have anything to work with (tools and what not) I figured I'd drive it around for a while.

Edited by Justin9
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Justin9 said:

Not how a teaser works...

I drove to Jacksonville Tuesday night and got this car at about 10:30 pm.  I had to coach a soccer game first then leave afterwards.  The trailer we borrowed used a 4 way for lights, and of course Dad's truck (cause my grandfather is borrowing mine) only has a 7 way, so we had to go buy a adapter, and get gas, drive all the way to north 295 and 95, etc..  I got home Wednesday morning around 2am.  So I haven't even unloaded it yet.

1994 Z28, it is a 94k all original car.  LT1 with T56 trans, but it is a T-Top car, that's not the end of the world, just means I would need a donor roof for this chassis.  It looks fairly decent but runs rough, hopefully, I was given reliable information and it is stale gas and fouled plugs.  It smells like it has bad gas (insert fart joke here).  I would love to find a 98+ Firebird body/chassis to stuff this drive train into.  I love the Firebird body and honestly would rather do that this time then a Camaro.  This car has a few odd and end things that need work, some of the interior needs some tlc (it has Red seats to match the paint).  It looks fairly clean underneath except for the typical oil/grime around the bottom of the engine bay.

The best thing about this deal was...  I have a sponsor, who generally watches from the sidelines, that came through and "helped" me purchase this car.

This morning I got tag and insurance for it, since I don't have anything to work with (tools and what not) I figured I'd drive it around for a while.

Yay Sponsor! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huggy said:

Its a 93-99 Camaro Z28.  

I can read the badge = Camaro, z28

Mirrors are black = in 00, they started painting them body colored.

Beemer guys knowing Zeke cues... whodathunk?

The original factory race car. Before they got watered down.

Until 2014.

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Justin9 said:

Anyone near Palm Harbor that would go check out a rolling chassis for me?  The price is right and its already stripped!

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/pts/d/2002-pontiac-firebird/6346225437.html

Justin,

I live in Palm Harbor and would be happy to go check it out, however I am out of town until Friday the 17th.  If he can wait or you can't get someone else let me know.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CWag27 said:

Justin,

I live in Palm Harbor and would be happy to go check it out, however I am out of town until Friday the 17th.  If he can wait or you can't get someone else let me know.

Clark, I'll get in touch with him and see what's up...  I wouldn't be able to come down probably till next week anyway...    thanks

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 3:39 AM, Team Infiniti said:

Hate? How about exponential speed creep when that "newer" Merican stuff gets allowed.

Was more talking about my junk. Older overvalued 'Merican junk.

LS 4th gens? If they had gas just give them the trophy, I agree. Those things will be nasty in this series.

• Like 1

Thanks to Mike Orgen for swinging by Palm Harbor for me today... looks like I have found a rolling chassis to start over with, that I will transplant my drive train I bought this week into.  Works out good, I can build the roller and keep the running car together until I need to take it apart, and the roller is a hardtop!

Going to head to Tampa next weekend to pickup the car, gotta find a trailer that I can push a car onto, I would U Haul but I'm cheap and paying $170 for a car trailer stings since 1.5 days of the rental will be just because they local place will be cost for drop off.

• Like 6

Shout out to Mike Ogren for scouting a chassis and and Andy Turner for use of his trailer...  we are getting closer.

Would be nice to find a roll cage shop around home, but I don't think I'll have much luck since most the folks around my parts build dirt cars....

Made more progress this weekend, and may have another trip to make this week while I have a borrowed trailer...

20171118_113842_resized.jpg

20171120_154410_resized.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats on the find and glad to see you getting back on your wheels, err feet.

Ever thought of using Rollcage components for the cage?  I was really impressed by his kits and if I didn't have a friend with a JD2, would have used him again for our last cage.  His kits are really tough to beat for the money/time savings.

31 minutes ago, Bremsen said:

Ever thought of using Rollcage components for the cage?  I was really impressed by his kits and if I didn't have a friend with a JD2, would have used him again for our last cage.  His kits are really tough to beat for the money/time savings.

That's actually where the cage in my Rx7 came from, but not only did my welder go up in the flames, but so did my buddies whose welder I was already borrowing at the time so instead of having to replace all that stuff, I was hoping to bypass the same made thing and skip along this time.  

On 11/20/2017 at 2:50 PM, Justin9 said:

Shout out to Mike Ogren for scouting a chassis and and Andy Turner for use of his trailer...  we are getting closer.

Would be nice to find a roll cage shop around home, but I don't think I'll have much luck since most the folks around my parts build dirt cars....

Made more progress this weekend, and may have another trip to make this week while I have a borrowed trailer...

20171118_113842_resized.jpg

20171120_154410_resized.jpg

Moar pics!

Congrats on the find Justin.

In the interest of being open with all the donors that have helped us out with the GoFundMe account, I wanted to let everyone know what all I have been able to reacquire since we lost everything.

To date, I have received $1.741.48 from GoFundMe, and I also received a pay out from Geico Insurance on my 94 Mazda Miata M for $5,467.20, for a total of $7,208.68.

On November 6th, I purchased a 93k mile 94 Camaro Z28 w/ six-speed trans located in Jacksonville, FL.  It runs and drives, I have actually tagged it and be data logging it.  It hasn't thrown any codes and seems to be running better, other than the battery is dead (don't know if it was an old battery or something pulling it down while parked).  I paid $2300 that a "sponsor" donated.

On November 16th I saw that a local friend was selling a 2014 Enclosed 24' V-Nose trailer with 5200 axles and electric brakes.  I think he used it 10 times to pull some four-wheelers to the local mud bog place overnight a handful of time.  The same trailer was going to cost me $5,000, I got this one for $3,000. (Balance of $4,208.68).

On November 17th I traveled down to Tampa area to pickup a 2002 Firebird chassis.  It is a hard top car that was a v6 and auto, but the P/O already removed the unneeded bits (engine and trans) so for $450 I picked it up.  ($3,758.68)

I then traveled up to around Athens, GA on November 22th to purchase our second Firebird chassis, this time a 98.  It is a complete V6 Auto car, but has a blown intake gasket.  P/O used bits and pieces from the car to fix up his other cars.  I had another "sponsor" step in this time, so the $400 was donated.

Today, I hit up the online Black Friday deals, so I was able to pickup some things.  You may notice some duplicates.  As luck would have it, I had the tool box from my tow truck in the shop as well, so not only did I lose the shop tools, I lost the track tools as well.  So that's why I got two toolboxes, two sets of sockets and wrenches, etc.  Here's the list:

Home Depot

Husky 52 in. 13-Drawer Tool Chest and Cabinet Combo in Black  $498

Husky 26 in. W 4-Drawer Tool Chest, Black  $54

DEWALT 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion Cordless Combo Kit (2-Tool) with Tough Case  $191.53

Husky 268 piece tool set (x2)  $99 / set    total $198

Husky Ratcheting Wrenches (x2) $50 / set   Total $100

Husky Ratcheting Extension Set  $20

Husky Hex Bit Set 37 Piece Set  $24.97

Battery Tender Jr  $19.99

Dewalt Drill Bit Set  $7.97

Dewalt Punch Set  $8.47

3 Park Mechanics Glove  $9.88

(I left out sales taxes on this stuff, so I added it in at the end)

Balance $2,625.87

Harbor Freight

WELDING CART

ITEM #61316  $35.99

ADJUSTABLE SHADE AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET

ITEM #61611 $34.99

2 TON CAPACITY FOLDABLE SHOP CRANE

ITEM #69514  $179.99

1.5 TON ALUMINUM RACING FLOOR JACK WITH RAPID PUMP®

ITEM #60569  $59.99

3/8 IN. DRIVE 17 IN. BREAKER BAR

ITEM #67931  $7.19

3/8 IN. DRIVE CLICK TYPE TORQUE WRENCH

ITEM #807  $9.99

1/2 IN. DRIVE CLICK TYPE TORQUE WRENCH

ITEM #239  $9.99

6 AMP HEAVY DUTY VARIABLE SPEED ROTATING HANDLE RECIPROCATING SAW

ITEM #62370  $18.99

Balance $2,220.28

WalMart

Schumacher Electric 200-Amp Engine Start Wheel Charger  $94.47

Balance $2,125.81

eBay

Lincoln Weld-Pak Mig 180HD  $559

Balance $1,566.81

Amazon

Lotos 5000 Plasma Cutter (with 110v conversion cord and consumables)  $334.04

HomeDepot Sales Tax $68.89

Balance $1163.88

So with around $1,100 remaining, I'll probably order a new seat for the car and bank the rest for tools we need along the way.

Again, I can not thank everyone enough for their support.  I have beat my brain for two days on what tools we need, and how to wisely spend this money that those who donated to us gave.  Since the local Sears is closing, I didn't want to get stuck with no place for Craftsman stuff, although I hear Lowes is going to start selling them, we will see how that goes.

Build thread to follow.....

Edited by Justin9
  • Like 12