• Technical Advisory Committee

I am trying to figure out who I should vote for of the BOD candidates. I would like to vote for someone who is honest and will not try and hide anything from the members. I know some of the candidates have appeared dishonest and have lobbied for changes to benefit their particular car or situation without looking at how it hurts the series in the past. Other candidates sound honest and open but I don't know if they are. 

As a show of honesty and openness, would any candidates be willing to post a picture of their teams last logbook entry?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flyinglizard said:

What data are you looking for?  Thats a better question. IMHO  Happy to supply any pertinent data. As always.  I used to list my AVI /actual cost on my hood. :)  

No data, just a picture of last logbook entry. I am just seeing what BOD candidates are willing to be held at a higher standard since they are running for a CCWS position. 

• Members
1 hour ago, red0 said:

I am trying to figure out who I should vote for of the BOD candidates. I would like to vote for someone who is honest and will not try and hide anything from the members. I know some of the candidates have appeared dishonest and have lobbied for changes to benefit their particular car or situation without looking at how it hurts the series in the past. Other candidates sound honest and open but I don't know if they are. 

As a show of honesty and openness, would any candidates be willing to post a picture of their teams last logbook entry?

I can go dig them out later tonight and take pics if you really need them.. but I could just spill it all here via text too.  I'm responsible for two cars, our E30s we field.  The Datsun and BMW 7 Series, while team cars, are not my primary responsibility.  However, I can probably get those log books if needed.

Cars #46 and #80 are identically built - BMW E30 (450pts), Motor Mounts (10pts), Trans Mounts (10pts), Camber Plates Front (20pts) - total 490 pts

• Like 2

I am willing to share as well, but also in a bit of a pickle on this one since what is left of the car is in another state, along with the log book that has been retired....  

Not that the log book shows anything (it is one of those easy-button E36s with an M50, so nothing done other than swapping springs/shocks and changing intake box to a tube/filter).  So the simple thing is:  VPI = 500.  Springs w/in OD rule, 0 pts.  Shocks w/in 2x rule, non-adjustable, 0 pts.  Intake filter/box, 0 pts.

Will be happy to show the log book for the new E36 build once I have it teched.

• Like 3

My log book is a little bare, since my car blew up @ NCM 2016,  I bought a whole new donor car. I paid a shop to swap the motor and trans,but it just hasn't been right since. I lost teammate that was the main mechanic :( His wife had a baby so he has some other priorities, understandable.  So since then I've been doing track stuff with my Boxster outside of Chump, and rented seats or helped crew @ Chump.  And this past weekend at the AMP race I got to help out with the Chumpcast, that was fun, maybe you heard me.

FYI if you know anyone in the Birmingham area with stellar mechanical skills, that's looking for a team, send them my way, right now all the wiring for the car is out, it was in the process of being completely rewired to a new wiring harness. I'll be around at the races whether Ive got a ride or not, usually helping with whatever.

Any day at the race track is better than a day at the office right ;)

• Like 3

@55mini will have to help me out here a bit.  Our log book is kept in a double secret hide away at his shop/home.  He could show it to me but then he'd have to kill me...  

We can get the exact details out sometime in the next day or so depending on how crazy Mark's life is right now. 

The jest of our car is as follows:

1990 Miata.  Its so cute, we bought it from a hair dresser.

It currently has an engine from another very manly car, an '09 Cobalt.  

The swap calculator gives me this, if I am remembering the numbers correctly

Make: Mazda
Model: Miata
Year: 1990
MPV: 250
Car Weight: 2048
Original HP: 116
New HP: 155
Points Added to VPi: 65
--->NEW VPI: 315

On top of the swap, we have (again from memory and not looking at the book)

A Differential swap                                           25 pts

super cool Aero front and rear                       20 pts

Aluminum aftermarket Radiator                    20 pts

homemade shock hats                                     5 pts  this was material cost it might be 3 pts

coil overs and aftermarket springs               40 pts

The total I think is 425 

Like I said I'll have to get the offical from Mark

Edited by JDChristianson
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

@55mini will have to help me out here a bit.  Our log book is kept in a double secret hide away at his shop/home.  He could show it to me but then he'd have to kill me...  

We can get the exact details out sometime in the next day or so depending on how crazy Mark's life is right now. 

The jest of our car is as follows:

1990 Miata.  Its so cute, we bought it from a hair dresser.

It currently has an engine from another very manly car, an '09 Cobalt.  

The swap calculator gives me this, if I am remembering the numbers correctly

Make: Mazda
Model: Miata
Year: 1990
MPV: 250
Car Weight: 2048
Original HP: 116
New HP: 155
Points Added to VPi: 65
--->NEW VPI: 315

On top of the swap, we have (again from memory and not looking at the book)

A Differential swap                                           25 pts

super cool Aero front and rear                       20 pts

Aluminum aftermarket Radiator                    20 pts

homemade shock hats                                     5 pts  this was material cost it might be 3 pts

coil overs and aftermarket springs               40 pts

The total I think is 425 

Like I said I'll have to get the offical from Mark

Damn Jeff you forgot the flux capacitor!!! Can't let you do anything correctly and I guess that is why you drive :-)

And the shock hats were 3 pts so total is 422.

Does that work for you Andrew??

24 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Damn Jeff you forgot the flux capacitor!!! Can't let you do anything correctly and I guess that is why you drive :-)

And the shock hats were 3 pts so total is 422.

Does that work for you Andrew??

Absolutely works! 

• Administrators

Crank Yankers Racing

1989 BMW 325i

10 points wing

10 points splitter

10 points motor mounts

10 points transmission mounts

5 points for rear toe and camber adjusters

495 total points

I can take a picture of the logbook when I get home from work for you tonight as well.

• Like 3

I am happy to show anyone my logbook.  I can post my old Miata logbook at a request, but I don't have one for the new Miata yet (it's still being finished up).  

I will show my log book at any race to anyone who asks.  

• Like 1

Hey Andrew   after preparing my team car for 6 events including loading the trailer and transporting by myself  I turned it over to the team captain a year ago along with log book and have not seen either since .  If I recall correctly it was 498 points ALL mods and materials were accounted for .   As you know I have been driving with team Punisher and they have their book ..    as far as being honest and caring about this series look at my history here .  I think you know the answer. .

Same here. 

2000 Ranger 200pt

Swap 65/ Cam 50/ headers 25/ Rad 5/Motor mounts 10/ Sway bar 25/ Chinese small cap distributer , Like OE but 80$ 20/ Oil cooler 20/ Trans- T10 or Muncie,25 /Wing and splitter, 20 .  Some plastic 16.   490ish 

I hope that whom ever is on the BOD takes a long term  view with regards to BOP and transparency . 

9 hours ago, okkustom said:

Hey Andrew   after preparing my team car for 6 events including loading the trailer and transporting by myself  I turned it over to the team captain a year ago along with log book and have not seen either since .  If I recall correctly it was 498 points ALL mods and materials were accounted for .   As you know I have been driving with team Punisher and they have their book ..    as far as being honest and caring about this series look at my history here .  I think you know the answer. .

I guess I had incorrectly assumed the punish car was your creation. I guess having only chatted for a few minutes that can happen. So you do not currently field a car?