Barber iRacing Practice

gr1vlet

I'm going to host a few iRacing practice sessions in the coming weeks leading up to Barber. Short notice, but I'll hold the first session today. Anyone and everyone is welcome. The more the merrier!

Date: 11-2-17

Practice: 7:30pm-9:30pm ET

Race: 9:30-10:00pm ST (1 pit stop req)

Car: MX-5 Cup (baseline settings)

Weather: default 

I'll probably try to hold i-practice weekly on Thursday if that works for most. If you'd like to see a different car added let me know and I can try to BOP it with ballast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gr1vlet said:

@Wyatt @Hugh Jass @Doc @bendawson3 @MR2 Biohazard @hotchkis23 @zack_280 @AtlJimK @Z06LOL @CabotTeg118 @Traedog @DRVOLKS @tneker @Jamie @Hi_Im_Will

Tag anyone else who might have iRacing and be interested in some practice. The more the merrier!

GREAT, yet more people that will kick my ass. Oh well, I can be used just as easily to inflate egos.

Can I start with the excuses now? I can't get the stick to work so will be paddle shifting. I HATE paddle shifting...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

GREAT, yet more people that will kick my ass. Oh well, I can be used just as easily to inflate egos.

Can I start with the excuses now? I can't get the stick to work so will be paddle shifting. I HATE paddle shifting...

Ha, I have played maybe 4 hours total on Iracing, so you and I can hang out at the back!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

I'll try and swing by, any password? I've been practicing Barber as I am going there with a Radical SR3 this month.

Nobody likes you Wyatt....LMAO.

Great spending some time getting to know you all better at AMP. That was a blast...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Hey, no excuses we are all driving the EXACT same car. :D

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Nobody likes you Wyatt....LMAO.

I would say that his mother does, but @Wyatt doesn't have a mother.  He was found by The Stig in an abandoned Lancia.  The Stig raised him and taught him how to breathe and race.  He learned the exact number of calories of food and volume of water to ingest to be as effective as possible in a race car.  Once he could completely fend for himself, The Stig dropped him off at Road Atlanta where he later learned to speak.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, zack_280 said:

I would say that his mother does, but @Wyatt doesn't have a mother.  He was found by The Stig in an abandoned Lancia.  The Stig raised him and taught him how to breathe and race.  He learned the exact number of calories of food and volume of water to ingest to be as effective as possible in a race car.  Once he could completely fend for himself, The Stig dropped him off at Road Atlanta where he later learned to speak.

Dang it man! Now I'm going to have to buy a larger helmet. ;)

(Road Atlanta was the first "real track" I ever drove on too.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyatt said:

I'll try and swing by, any password? I've been practicing Barber as I am going there with a Radical SR3 this month.

I usually leave the session open to all, it's more fun to have a bunch of cars on track. If someone is a donkey-hat I'll exercise my administrative powers ;)

• Like 1

My internet connection died shortly into the practice session, but I had a blast while it lasted.

You know the joke "that car just didn't parachute in behind you"? Well they were literally dropping into my frame I swear.

Especially near the scoring pylon....

Looks like a pretty good turnout. Thanks @gr1vlet for hosting.

• Like 1