Barber iRacing Practice

gr1vlet

41 minutes ago, gr1vlet said:

Nice turnout!

I'm not sure what my availability will be next week with the new job but maybe we can get one going Monday.

Monday would work for me. I have CCWS's blessing to post them on the FB fanpage and that helped drive the numbers I'm sure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tommytipover said:

What do you all think of multi cars? Street stocks for the V8 crowd along with MX5?

I like the idea, but never set up a race with multiple cars. @gr1vlet has (at Daytona) and perhaps he can coach me through it for this Monday's session.

Or he can host it....doesn't matter to me, but let's do it!!!

48 minutes ago, tommytipover said:

I'll kick in and host if you'd like.  I've got a Street Stock setup that's a little better than baseline I think. A good driver might be able to take it to the front, the rest of us would probably just get in the way of the Miatas with it.  :) 

Looks pretty straightforward to add other cars....

By all means if you want to host, please do. 4 hours...3:20 practice 40 minute race seems to work for everyone.

You OK with starting it at 6PM EST?

18 minutes ago, Jamie said:

How do I sign up for this? 3PM best coast time?

Just go to the iRacing site around 6PM (yep, 3PM PST) or so (sometimes we have to wait a few minutes for an open server) and look under the "hosted races" tab and you should see ChumpCar Open Practice/Race listed with Barber as the track. Its open, but limited to 45 cars. Should be a green button indicating that it is open to all.

• Like 1

We had an awesome race up front.  <1.5sec spanning P1-3 pretty much all race long.  I was leading for the first bit, but an error caused me to drop 2 spots and never could get back by.  Definitely not a great passing opportunity track. 

Seems like a good core group showing up each week, hopefully we can keep it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremsen said:

It was, lol.  I was actually hoping you'd get into one of them or at least cause them to go off line.  But you didn't and that's when I dove for the apex.  No worries, it didn't slow me down.

If you are as slow as I am you have to pay attention to your mirrors!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1