HANS or similar needed

On 11/4/2017 at 11:02 PM, pintodave said:

Considering you can buy a brand new one for $299, I guess I am just trolling too...

If you have to buy a new one, make up the $99 bucks by putting the worst tire on the LR and only buying 3 new ones, thats the rule of thumb. 

See folks....valuable advice you just can't get anywhere else just sitting on the Forum....for FREE!!!

On 11/4/2017 at 5:17 PM, DEE DEE said:

Unfortunately speed has nothing to do with neck injuries or concussions.

Let me know when you want to pay over $200 & under $300 for a  little used Zamp bought last year.

Was trying to be funny about Miatas and such on the speed thing.  Will go back to being dull.

On 11/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, pintodave said:

Considering you can buy a brand new one for $299, I guess I am just trolling too...

If you have to buy a new one, make up the $99 bucks by putting the worst tire on the LR and only buying 3 new ones, thats the rule of thumb. 

Seems like we are on the same page.  Why pay more than $200 if there are new ones for $299 out there.  Anyway, off to look for some new ones it seems.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

See folks....valuable advice you just can't get anywhere else just sitting on the Forum....for FREE!!!

Yeah, man.  Don't know what I would do without it.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:04 PM, Evilwheel said:

What are you using now then, sharing one between teammates ?     What's wrong with that ?   We did it for years until we added a second car.   

Yeh, just trolling along tonight.    :)    

We don't bat .1000 on having non-sharer's stints between us HANS sharers.  We try, but things happen to the order sometimes.  My dad and I share one, because for some reason HANS and similar are so expensive (this is where the safety buffs defend plastic and padding being $500).  But, at a recent race, Dad struggled to, in a rush, get the Sport II tethers off quickly.  He finally got disgusted and we exchanged behind the wall.  That was enough for me.  

Edited by chriswinsagain
punctuation

On 11/4/2017 at 11:02 PM, pintodave said:

18 hours ago, chriswinsagain said:

Seems like we are on the same page.  Why pay more than $200 if there are new ones for $299 out there.  Anyway, off to look for some new ones it seems.

Yeah, man.  Don't know what I would do without it.

The unit I had sells for $360 - $399. .  It's not the same unit you think it is.   Sold for $225 used 3 times and would never know it.  But I guess some want that new car smell and pay list price.

Edited by DEE DEE

19 hours ago, chriswinsagain said:

Hopefully the seller is reputable and it hasn't been "tested" before you buy it...  belts & a hans are two things that you might not be able to easily spot if they have been in a crash.

Edited by pintodave

• 2 months later...