Washed up pro drivers

So a friend calls me who works for a nascar team and tells me Matt Kenseth is looking to do some Chumpcar events.     Maybe I can put a team together of all us "ex pros" and find a backmarker team with a overvalued car and bring them to the front  :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, djsteviec said:

LMAO. Is this a typo, or are you just really going to work on yourself in the shower? :lol:

It's a joke from the world of Science Fiction and Fantasy conventions. There has always been a certain truth to stereotypes of SF/F Fans, Gamers, etc., as being "unsanitary". One year, at the World Science Fiction Convention, a group of people decided to call attention to the problem by calling themselves "The Great Washed", and walking the halls of the convention like stereotypical medieval religious zealots, wearing bathrobes and carrying soapy-water-filled Super Soakers and bars of soap, and signs with slogans like "LATHER, RINSE, REPENT", or "ABSOLUTION THROUGH ABLUTION".

Somehow, I get the feeling Unwashed Drivers are *even* *worse*.... :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csadn said:

It's a joke from the world of Science Fiction and Fantasy conventions. There has always been a certain truth to stereotypes of SF/F Fans, Gamers, etc., as being "unsanitary". One year, at the World Science Fiction Convention, a group of people decided to call attention to the problem by calling themselves "The Great Washed", and walking the halls of the convention like stereotypical medieval religious zealots, wearing bathrobes and carrying soapy-water-filled Super Soakers and bars of soap, and signs with slogans like "LATHER, RINSE, REPENT", or "ABSOLUTION THROUGH ABLUTION".

Somehow, I get the feeling Unwashed Drivers are *even* *worse*.... :)

Why aren't you like a hierarchy member of LeMons?  You make Tsoggy look sane.

18 hours ago, dogtired said:

Why aren't you like a hierarchy member of LeMons?  You make Tsoggy look sane.

LeMons is a little too "gimmicky" for my tastes -- a black flag for two-off seems excessive unless someone is doing it every bloody lap.

When I first got here, CC was the right blend of Sensible, and Silly. (Note qualifier.)