Jump to content

Are there any teams/companies dedicated to renting out seats?


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, red0 said:

There are multiple teams that are dedicated to renting out seats. Do you have a racing resume by chance?

 

Technically, no racing resume. Just an advanced HPDE driver (Group 3 by NASA Standards). I'm sure this would probably keep teams from renting out to me since I have no formal W2W experience, but if it helps, I'm consistent, level headed, and not a jerk (and I'd love to participate in a team effort).

Edited by RyanGreener
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
Just now, RyanGreener said:

 

Technically, no racing resume. Just an advanced HPDE driver (Group 3 by NASA Standards). I'm sure this would probably keep teams from renting out to me since I have no formal W2W experience, but if it helps, I'm consistent, level headed, and not a jerk (and I'd love to participate in a team effort).

 

I will keep an eye out for you. There are definitely teams that will rent to you, hopefully the right person sees this thread and can help you out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RyanGreener said:

 

Technically, no racing resume. Just an advanced HPDE driver (Group 3 by NASA Standards). I'm sure this would probably keep teams from renting out to me since I have no formal W2W experience, but if it helps, I'm consistent, level headed, and not a jerk (and I'd love to participate in a team effort).

@RyanGreener  Know of several folks who do that.  Have minimal experience with one such team in northern indiana.  High quality build and we finished the first race weekend having only missed the last few hours on saturday for a failing wheel bearing replacement.  DM me if you want contact info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BollingerChump said:

@RyanGreener  Know of several folks who do that.  Have minimal experience with one such team in northern indiana.  High quality build and we finished the first race weekend having only missed the last few hours on saturday for a failing wheel bearing replacement.  DM me if you want contact info.

 

Thanks (both of you) for the info! I guess I'll try to see what happens for next year. I'll keep you in mind!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any particular region?  There are lots of teams that post seats available throughout the season on here.  If you need to remain flexible, you can simply post up a want ad before the event (probably suggest a couple months prior).  Keep in mind that build/support levels can vary pretty significantly so don't be afraid to ask for pictures, driver reviews, etc from the team as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bremsen said:

Any particular region?  There are lots of teams that post seats available throughout the season on here.  If you need to remain flexible, you can simply post up a want ad before the event (probably suggest a couple months prior).  Keep in mind that build/support levels can vary pretty significantly so don't be afraid to ask for pictures, driver reviews, etc from the team as well. 

 

I live in the Northeast section but I would be trying to fly out to other sections for some bucket list tracks like Road Atlanta, Road America, Indy Speedway, Daytona, Laguna Seca, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...