Petition for Wheel Bearing Grease

I have submitted a petition on wheel bearing grease.  It's not fair that some teams can afford to spend big dollars on special wheel bearing grease when others are running cheap off the shelf auto parts store brands.  It's just not fair that some teams can go 2-3 weekends on a set of bearings and others have to replace every race or during the race.  I have suggested to Mike that we test for wheel bearing grease at impound or chump staff stop by trailers and dig thru their cabinets to see what they are running.  It should be easy to detect, red grease and your go straight to EC!  This would cut down on all the teams running the cheaty high dollar stuff.  This of course is in the need to curb speed creep and keep costs in check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

If I would have known this Friday night was going to be this boring, I would have scheduled an iRacing session at Sebring. Or VIR North, or Laguna...even Barber again!!!

We can drive around Sebring with our eyes closed. Well, kinda...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

And for the most part new style hubs are usually unserviceable, or are at least supposed to be.   

Not necessarily "unserviceable" if you're creative!

Oops, damn - another new rule to be made an enforced - only "off the shelf" replacement bearing grease!!!

I am also submitting a rule for the committee to consider. 

1. This is a series for racers that can build and fabricate like the back in the day. This can only occur if it is in MY best interest. If ANY  team is faster, works harder, has better drivers, has more experience or does not break they are to go to E.C. With a 25 lap penalty.

2. I must start on the pole at every race I enter.

3. Everybody is a cheater except me. 

4. I get 10 extra gallons of fuel capacity  for every race. You do not.

That should just about cover it. :huh:;)

• Like 2

On 11/18/2017 at 9:33 AM, JDChristianson said:

crisco

You  actually have something there, one of the dozens of little things done to win the 12'  State  demolition derby championship  

Crisco on tire sidewall in hopes that somebody will slip off the tire  rather than puncture :-)

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

You  actually have something there, one of the dozens of little things done to win the 12'  State  demolition derby championship  

Crisco on tire sidewall in hopes that somebody will slip off the tire  rather than puncture :-)

Ha. Good stuff.  Up here they run skid steer tires ( solid if they can )   Those guys are serious about smashing stuff.  On customer I had cut the front frame horns off, slid steel channel in welded that slide the frame back over it and welded that back on.   They did not need to back into anything.    Beer , dudes, and a welder leads to no good 😈

• Like 3