• Members
11 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Where do you stand on open tech sheets and how would you try to implement it?

They were approved as being posted on the impound cars then that approval was removed.

I'm all for posting them, either in person during impound or submitting and making everyone's tech sheets and log books accessible online.  However, I get the other side of the coin on this one and don't feel strongly enough in my position to force the issue.  We're not a spec series, the cars shouldn't be equal.

I've said it a number of times, that I think its pretty hard for competitors to be the police if they don't have the information.   The tech sheet showing what is claimed and what the total is gives folks what they need.    There are several ways to do this.  Post them on impounded cars, put them all in a note book that is available to the team captains, whatever is easy is how it should be done.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Ron as a I have stated before I am one for having tech sheets/log books be open for podium cars.  Why does any other car matter if they are not on the podium?  I know some teams do not want them because they do not want to share their secrets on how they build their cars.  You can give someone the recipe but what if they overcook it and burn it or what if they take it out of the oven too soon and it needs more time to cook?  I believe having these will take the guess work out of teams who think other teams are cheating and will help more members feel comfortable about a car at impound rather than gossiping on the forums or at the track to other teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riche30 said:

I'm all for posting them, either in person during impound or submitting and making everyone's tech sheets and log books accessible online.  However, I get the other side of the coin on this one and don't feel strongly enough in my position to force the issue.  We're not a spec series, the cars shouldn't be equal.

Right but I will force the issue with another petition for the new board which you may be on.  Which way will you vote and how would you advise implementing it if it is voted in?

I will be submitting a petition mandating action in all elections.

If you haven't decided who you need to vote for within three days of the initial request you suffer from OCD or some other personality disorder and therefore should be disqualified.

Can I get a HELLYEH?

• Technical Advisory Committee

I agree that at minimum the tech sheets of winning cars (overall top 3, class winners/runners-up and whomever else is in impound) should be available for others to view, displayed/available during impound.

But did I miss something?   Current 2017 and 2018 rules indicate tech sheets are to be available at impound.

Ron, is you question more about tech sheets available for ALL cars, going beyond the current impound rule?  

IN response to that, I would like to see all teams' tech sheets within a binder in Race Central at each race that would be available for viewing during and after the race.  

• Viewing of specific cars' tech sheets during the race allowed with a reasonable-suspicion request by team captain and agreed by the Event Director.
  • Full binder available by request from team captains during impound time.
  • Like 2

• Members
3 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Right but I will force the issue with another petition for the new board which you may be on.  Which way will you vote and how would you advise implementing it if it is voted in?

I can't answer that until I see what the petition says, how its worded, etc.  But, I did say I was in favor of making them public .... 

2 hours ago, NigelStu said:

I agree that at minimum the tech sheets of winning cars (overall top 3, class winners/runners-up and whomever else is in impound) should be available for others to view, displayed/available during impound.

But did I miss something?   Current 2017 and 2018 rules indicate tech sheets are to be available at impound.

Ron, is you question more about tech sheets available for ALL cars, going beyond the current impound rule?  

IN response to that, I would like to see all teams' tech sheets within a binder in Race Central at each race that would be available for viewing during and after the race.  

• Viewing of specific cars' tech sheets during the race allowed with a reasonable-suspicion request by team captain and agreed by the Event Director.
  • Full binder available by request from team captains during impound time.

Tech sheets were to be posted on the impound cars as per the rules.  I believe they were posted at a couple of races early in the year, they have not been posted since.  Have you been to any races where they were posted? 

The first step is having them posted on the impound cars.  If that worked out then efforts could be made to have them available for all cars.

11 minutes ago, Slugworks Paul said:

is that the usual amount of dog nonesensical talk?

You mean the usual amount of non-sequiturs, pot-stirring, and smart assery?

No. 

Well maybe pot-stirring. But you guys DO go on a bit.... jes sayin'. Next year.... two weeks for voting. Maybe less. 

• Thanks 1

So Ron, say I post my tech sheet publicly (once I locate it) and you find my 510 pt evaluation to be amiss...... are you going to protest my 12th in class / 19th overall finishing position in hopes of a DQ?

If you want me to leave the Series, just ask me to...... no reason to be mean about it.

1 hour ago, Slugworks Paul said:

is that the usual amount of dog nonesensical talk?

There is a madness to my method..... 🤣🤣🤣

• Technical Advisory Committee
4 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Tech sheets were to be posted on the impound cars as per the rules.  I believe they were posted at a couple of races early in the year, they have not been posted since.  Have you been to any races where they were posted? 

The first step is having them posted on the impound cars.  If that worked out then efforts could be made to have them available for all cars.

I did not notice at the races I attended if tech sheets were placed on the cars at impound or not - it wasn't at the front of my mind due to not having any reason to suspect any funny stuff from our fellow impound teams (or things were broken beyond track-side repair, so the team had already headed out).

That being said, if tech sheets were NOT available at each and every race this year, then it is a rules enforcement issue that the BoD should discuss and come up with a plan on how to ensure this simple rule gets implemented.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dogtired said:

So Ron, say I post my tech sheet publicly (once I locate it) and you find my 510 pt evaluation to be amiss...... are you going to protest my 12th in class / 19th overall finishing position in hopes of a DQ?

If you want me to leave the Series, just ask me to...... no reason to be mean about it.

There is a madness to my method..... 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously a question?  Here is how I would handle it:

If I knew you I would say, "Hey I was looking at your tech sheet and noticed you haven't claimed your turbo, am I missing somewhere in the rules that it didn't need to be claimed on your engine?"

If I didn't know you I would say to one of the tech guys, "Hey I see Dogtired hasn't claimed a turbo on their tech sheet but they have it on their car, does that not need to be claimed on their build?"  Then I would expect Mr. Tech to swing by your pit to say, " It doesn't look like you are going to be in impound this race but it has been mentioned that you have an unclaimed turbo on your car, if you do and plan on keeping it then you need to tech again at your next race to claim it because if you don't you will likely get protested and booted out of impound if you make it there."

I don't want anyone to leave the series, just follow the rules is all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

Seriously a question?  Here is how I would handle it:

If I knew you I would say, "Hey I was looking at your tech sheet and noticed you haven't claimed your turbo, am I missing somewhere in the rules that it didn't need to be claimed on your engine?"

If I didn't know you I would say to one of the tech guys, "Hey I see Dogtired hasn't claimed a turbo on their tech sheet but they have it on their car, does that not need to be claimed on their build?"  Then I would expect Mr. Tech to swing by your pit to say, " It doesn't look like you are going to be in impound this race but it has been mentioned that you have an unclaimed turbo on your car, if you do and plan on keeping it then you need to tech again at your next race to claim it because if you don't you will likely get protested and booted out of impound if you make it there."

I don't want anyone to leave the series, just follow the rules is all.

Given the current average proficiency of the usual suspects at the pointy end of the field what do estimate the percentage of the rest of the field that actually gives a ***k about the rules to be?

If it's greater than 60 percent I would be surprised.