Bill Strong

ChampCar Sim League Schedule

SIIIIIIIIIICK. 

EDIT 1: ACTUALLY. frack. 6PM EST?! Come on guys, I was really excited. I can't be getting home from work at 3PM on a Friday.

EDIT 2: Or wait. Do the races start at 9:15EST?

Edited by Jamie

26 minutes ago, Jamie said:

SIIIIIIIIIICK. 

EDIT 1: ACTUALLY. frack. 6PM EST?! Come on guys, I was really excited. I can't be getting home from work at 3PM on a Friday.

EDIT 2: Or wait. Do the races start at 9:15EST?

The actual race will start at 9EST for the East and Midwest tracks, 10EST for West Coast tracks. Qualifying is an hour prior to the race...

Races are on Thursday...

Edited by Doc
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

MX5 and Street Stock.

Free cars are good 

Obviously the tracks are based on the real race schedule, but that's ~$135 worth of tracks

• You can get 15% off if you buy 6+ at the same time
  • Also you can get $100 worth of stuff for $75 on the Cyber Monday sale (thru midnight tomorrow)

Renewals are 25% off on Black Friday sale (thru Dec 6th), new memberships are 50% off

So it's a good time to join/renew/buy tracks you are missing

The non-bold dates there are practice/qual/race sessions, but no points? 

1 minute ago, ABR-Glen said:

The non-bold dates there are practice/qual/race sessions, but no points? 

Correct. Obviously we can't do anything about the track costs. Sorry.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

The actual race will start at 9EST for the East and Midwest tracks, 10EST for West Coast tracks. Qualifying is an hour prior to the race...

Races are on Thursday...

10PM EST is way easier then 9PM EST but 9EST is better then 6EST. I'll try to make it work. 

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

10PM EST is way easier then 9PM EST but 9EST is better then 6EST. I'll try to make it work. 

Yeah, I remember the hassle of getting off early for Monday Night Football when I lived in LA for 10 years. Or remembering to put in a fresh VHS tape....UGH!!!

1 hour ago, Evilwheel said:

Dang it, I wanna do this.     Just don't have any of the equipment.  :(     

The memberships for iRacing are on sale now as are credits to buy the tracks we race on.

I'm sure wheel and pedal assemblies will be on sale after Xmas....

Just sayin. (It's only fair since Team Jacky Ickx talked us into Chump...uh CHAMPCAR racing....)

You are getting off a LOT cheaper....:lol:

• Like 1

Alright men my son wants to get a I racin rig . Don't want junk but affordable is a must . Of course I don't know jack about this stuff so please lead me in the right direction 

What are your computer specs? iRacing is pretty light on the hardware requirements so we can probably find a pretty quick and cheap upgrade solution.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rapido said:

What are your computer specs? iRacing is pretty light on the hardware requirements so we can probably find a pretty quick and cheap upgrade solution.

It's square-ish.   :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Rapido said:

I'll look for the specs

1 hour ago, okkustom said:

Alright men my son wants to get a I racin rig . Don't want junk but affordable is a must . Of course I don't know jack about this stuff so please lead me in the right direction 

@Rapido has posted a thread covering the basics...

15 hours ago, Doc said:

MX5 and Street Stock.

Sounds great!

Just a thought:  You could throw it open to other low powered  iracing cars like the Jetta (fwd) and Mustang and handicap the Mustang by giving it penalty lap or two (ie a "TCV" of > 500).   Provides for some chump champ like traffic.    People who don't drive those cars don't have to buy them to race with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcewena said:

Sounds great!

Just a thought:  You could throw it open to other low powered  iracing cars like the Jetta (fwd) and Mustang and handicap the Mustang by giving it penalty lap or two (ie a "TCV" of > 500).   Provides for some chump champ like traffic.    People who don't drive those cars don't have to buy them to race with them.

I'll pass this suggestion onto our resident iRacing guru @Rapido. I'm just the pretty face marketing arm of this operation.

Basically my job is to get us INTO trouble; Tom gets us OUT of it...:lol:

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

@mcewena - to follow on from what Doc said, we absolutely want to include multiclass stuff. For the initial "championship" rounds in 2018 we're sticking with two classes, both free cars, to avoid diluting the fields too much and giving unfair advantage to paid content owners scoring more points in a smaller field.

For the practice rounds at each track, before the championship round, we will probably experiment in adding a few additional cars (the Jetta and the Mustang as you mentioned) in order to create more traffic/chaos.

• Like 2