Bill Strong

ChampCar Sim League Schedule

4 hours ago, Rapido said:

My personal opinion is that we should run the more up-to-date version in order to try and parallel the real life racing as closely as possible, but I understand that if there is significant opposition to this then we can very easily use the 2007 version. 

We've got plenty of time to take the temperature on how everybody feels. I'll start a poll...

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, Doc said:

Any idea what the changes are? 

On 1/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, Z06LOL said:

How much of a difference is there really?

circa 2007 (old/Free Version) Would be Rougher/Bumpier due to it having a Old track Surface before the 2010 Repave, Also I'm not 100% Sure but looking at the Interactive Track map, it looks like the 2007 version don't use the Bus Stop on the Oval Backstretch:

New/Current: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/TrackDetail.do?trkid=192&nocache=1515206348398

Old/circa 2007: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/TrackDetail.do?trkid=26&nocache=1515206348404

38 minutes ago, Lord Letto said:

circa 2007 (old/Free Version) Would be Rougher/Bumpier due to it having a Old track Surface before the 2010 Repave, Also I'm not 100% Sure but looking at the Interactive Track map, it looks like the 2007 version don't use the Bus Stop on the Oval Backstretch:

New/Current: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/TrackDetail.do?trkid=192&nocache=1515206348398

Old/circa 2007: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/TrackDetail.do?trkid=26&nocache=1515206348404

Nah...bus stop is there. I have both versions. For some reason it is grayed out so I did a test lap to make sure...

14 hours ago, gr1vlet said:

I guess I'll have to figure out how to participate in the first championship round while driving to the Rolex24... :(

Or, ride down with me a day earlier and do it at Daytona. :P

7 minutes ago, flytime said:

What configuration for Sonoma?  Long course?

Yes, I believe so...

Watching the broadcast this past weekend of Road Atlanta, i saw and heard something about and opportunity in the iRacing Champcar league to earn a free spot in a race? Anyone knows about this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romer said:

Watching the broadcast this past weekend of Road Atlanta, i saw and heard something about and opportunity in the iRacing Champcar league to earn a free spot in a race? Anyone knows about this?

Yup...1st place in either the original series or the new Pacific division Championship at the end of the year gets a free REAL race. 13 Championship rounds.

I'm the admin for the ChampCar Sim Series...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

Why is Mar 1 a practice round for Daytona and not VIR? 

Because some of the iRacing drivers will be travelling to VIR for the actual race was the reasoning behind it.

Prolly wasn't that big a deal to change it since it was not a Championship round, but I did it anyway....

I might have overreacted....that's been known to happen.

• Like 1

Can someone point me to a link as to how the points are awarded?

I see in the "All Cars" selected some people have minus points.

Not like I'm in contention for the big prize, but bragging rights among friends....

• Like 1

Points are awarded down to 20th place in each class on the following scale: 40-35-30-26-22-19-16-14-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Classes are separate between cars and only your relative finishing position; the first Miata driver will score 40 points, and the first Street Stock driver will score 40 points, and so on.

The minus points you see are due to manual adjustments that are sometimes necessary due to session setup issues or drivers that are not competing for points in one of the series.

1 hour ago, Rapido said:

Points are awarded down to 20th place in each class on the following scale: 40-35-30-26-22-19-16-14-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Classes are separate between cars and only your relative finishing position; the first Miata driver will score 40 points, and the first Street Stock driver will score 40 points, and so on.

The minus points you see are due to manual adjustments that are sometimes necessary due to session setup issues or drivers that are not competing for points in one of the series.

Thx

The time between getting that email and completing my order was less than my best lap at VIR South.

• Like 1

Some how I missed some schedule changes...

Like last night (Sept 27) the schedule I have has Road America practice race and there was none. 

And before that again the schedule I have had Sebring Race on Sept 20 and it was actually held on Sept 13.

Is there a new schedule posted some where???

image.png.bb1bb061078abdeca3010ecae02e5c8d.png

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, flytime said:

Is there a new schedule posted some where???

It was posted on here, but now I don't see it. I'm sorry about the confusion.

The ChampCar Sim Series on iRacing roars back into action Thursday, September 6th. We have made a slight adjustment to the schedule so that drivers travelling to the actual races can have the opportunity to compete in the Championship round listed in BOLD.

Remember, you must have a license to compete in the Championship Rounds. This license requirement is easily acquired by entering Official races and keeping your driving record clean with no incidents.

As always, the Sim Series competes on Thursday nights at 6PM EST for the East Coast division and 6PM  Pacific for that division. A free race entry goes to the Champion in each division after the Sebring race. You may NOT compete for the Championship in both divisions and the free race entry CANNOT be used to enter the Indianapolis Motor Speedway event in July, 2019

Good luck and we hope to see you on the grid!!!

2018 Schedule:

9/6 Sebring

9/13 Sebring

9/20, 9/27, 10/4 Road America

10/11 Road America

10/18, 10/25 Auto Club (Roval)

11/1 Auto Club Roval

11/8 Barber

11/15 Barber

11/23 (Friday), 11/29 Laguna

12/6 Laguna

12/13 Sebring

12/20 Sebring

Remember to visit the Forum to get all the latest news on the ChampCar Sim Series at:

https://forum.champcar.org/forum/72-champcar-iracing-league/

I don't see the race last night either. @Rapido normally puts up a notice....

Edited by Doc

On 9/29/2018 at 3:50 AM, ABR-Glen said:

Facebook :rolleyes:

Ok thx I see the schedule now that Doc posted and on FB, But did the RA Sept 27 actually happen?   I couldn't find it on iRacing leagues?