Practice Race at VIR North - 11/30/2017

Rapido

For the first practice event as part of the ChampCar Sim Series, we are hosting an event at VIR North in preparation for the ChampCar Endurance Series event this weekend. This will be a friendly and relaxed setting to meet some iRacing regulars and to get some practice laps in around the tricky north configuration of VIR.

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 30-November-2017
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST
  • Race Start: 9:15pm EST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: VIR North
  • Weather: iRacing Default
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline

Any questions, please let us know in this thread, and we look forward to seeing everyone on track!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jamie said:

How late can I show up to the Qualy? Also I thought @Doc said we would be doing Road Atlanta this week?

Road Atlanta is the start of the 2018 Championship. As far as qualifying just get one fast lap in by 9:15 EST or so, For the Championship rounds by 9:00

2018 ChampCar Sim Series Schedule.png

27 minutes ago, Rapido said:

Reminder that this event is tonight, hope to see a few out there practicing for VIR!

Oh hell yes. Look for me near the back...LOL

@Paulie wants some video for the ChampCar Live broadcast so clip anything you find interesting. I would prefer not much carnage, but @Bill Strong is more of a mayhem freak...LOL

I think ya'all (yep practicing my southern speak) should run that mirror image course that was in the email.    

Question on the southern thing....how many before "all ya'all" is appropriate?   Us Yankee's are hard to train  ;)

if somebody would buy me a new computer and upgrade my internet I'd join in.

9 minutes ago, Matt Ragsdale said:

Tonight is VIR North and not VIR regular/full correct?

New to the league, looking forward to the 2018 season. Happy to find a league with a good car and tracks that also accommodates my work schedule.

Correct

I'm watching it on youtube, pretty entertaining, watching Aaron in the #816 car wheel the craap out of the street stock like it's a dirt track. 

Enjoying watching the in car, but can the video output from the race be set to rotate views every so often? Some outside camera shots or in-car shots rotating through the field would be cool too. 

26 minutes ago, pintodave said:

I'm watching it on youtube, pretty entertaining, watching Aaron in the #816 car wheel the craap out of the street stock like it's a dirt track. 

Enjoying watching the in car, but can the video output from the race be set to rotate views every so often? Some outside camera shots or in-car shots rotating through the field would be cool too. 

@pintodave If we have multiple drivers that stream at once, we can have them all stream to the same YouTube address and then you can switch cars.  The external camera shots would be accomplished by having another driver connect and then stream while running the cameras from outside the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

6:15 and no race on iracing......

My bad too @Jamie. The races are still listed under "Hosted Races" as well. I thought they would be under the League Tab.

I'm really sorry. We will get this down in the next few weeks and be ready for the start of the 2018 season.

Bear with us...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Teach me,

Signed,

Grasshopper (and a slow one at that)

@Doc I will ask @Rapido and @smithk1 to correct where I am wrong as I don't normally stream.  The easiest way is to use OBS (we have well tested settings to share) and everyone send their stream to the same key that is listed in the settings of the YouTube account.  

Here is an example of us using it in our Sunday night league, but the feature is only available on desktop currently.  Switch camera is down in the corner by fullscreen.  

• Like 1

That's cool.  Might try that next time.

Fun race while it lasted.  I was expecting a rolling start behind a pace car like we've done in the last few events, so I wasn't ready for the green.  Ended up back in 8th from 4th grid spot after the 1st lap and was fighting to hold onto the position when my engine blew coming over the crest in the infield.  So, in that regard, it was very much like my last few ChumpChampcar races.

See you guys next week.

14 minutes ago, Bremsen said:

I was expecting a rolling start behind a pace car like we've done in the last few events, so I wasn't ready for the green.

Yeah, me too!!! We will get that fixed.

Now I know why everybody was peeling out of the pits!!!