No team, single team or multi team best for representing us on the board?

Looking for opinions:  Would it be better for the series if we had board members that have a single car team, multi car team, or no team affiliation?

I'm thinking single team would be best since the appeal of this league to entry level teams is not to show up with multiple cars and rent seats.   

But there are seat renters that have to be acknowledged, and having them in the sport does let teams that don't have full time committed drivers to exist. .    And there are others that have made a go in Chaump by doing nothing but renting seats and never joining or part owning of a car or team.   I don't know if any running for the board fit that mold.

Just thoughts that popped in my head.

Agree tho that single car teams is and would be the most normal route newbies would take.     A mix on the board is a good thing.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

But there are seat renters that have to be acknowledged, and having them in the sport does let teams that don't have full time committed drivers to exist. .    And there are others that have made a go in Chaump by doing nothing but renting seats and never joining or part owning of a car or team.   I don't know if any running for the board fit that mold.

Just thoughts that popped in my head.

Agree tho that single car teams is and would be the most normal route newbies would take.     A mix on the board is a good thing.  

Not sure you can pick which model would best the represent on the BOD but agree 100% that a mix is a good thing. 

Having been on a team that built and raced a car, also being a renter, and now being an owner of a 2-car team that rents seats, it's interesting how your perspective changes. 

S. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, riche30 said:

How about a guy that started as a single car team... and has spent the past 5 years going from a back marker to a 4 car team with a cars we now feel are capable of competing for wins?  Sounds like a guy I might vote for.

Me too. 

16 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

I care more about geographical representation. IMHO each region should have two BOD representatives that are active participants in their respected regions so that they can relate to the overall direction of the series with a view from the series as a whole.

^This. 

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
19 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

I care more about geographical representation. IMHO each region should have two BOD representatives that are active participants in their respected regions so that they can relate to the overall direction of the series with a view from the series as a whole.

I would be happy just getting in a decently honest person who will do whats best for everyone and not just try and use the position to lobby their own agenda. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I don't think multi car matters.  I was part of a two car team in the past (Schumacher Taxi Service) and now I'm the sole owner of a one car team. I also drive part time for Troy, but I will campaign my new Miata more than his cars.  My attitude towards rules, regs and where the series goes has not changed just because I'm a one car team now.  

• Members
3 hours ago, red0 said:

I would be happy just getting in a decently honest person who will do whats best for everyone and not just try and use the position to lobby their own agenda. 

Hi.  I'm Rich Sainato.  Nice to meet you.  :P

• Haha 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
On 12/4/2017 at 9:29 AM, red0 said:

Yall talkin about me   again ..