Thoughts?

• Technical Advisory Committee

Appearance clauses are for LOSERS. Last year I show up to race at a midwest counsil SCCA race at Blackhawk Farms in IL. The car I had to race was coming off back to back SCCA wins and they failed it based on a appearance clause even though it was log booked and had a 2 win streak. 

AER is just not for me. I want to be able to show up and race without jumping through hoops. I want to race and have a good time. Chumpcar and WRL are great at that. I can show up with a safe car and race. No political games etc. 

• Like 4

1.  The looks of the cars in ChampCar has improved since we started 4 years ago.   

2.  I don't want it to become any sort of beauty contest.

3.  I'm not a fan of teams that go out of their way to make the car ugly.   I can't really think of one right now.  (There used to be some)

4.  I'm not in favor of a rule on pretty cars.

Marketing director should probably be careful with comments towards folks that in the last couple weeks spent money with our series......just a thought.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

1.  The looks of the cars in ChampCar has improved since we started 4 years ago.   

3.  I'm not a fan of teams that go out of their way to make the car ugly.   I can't really think of one right now.  (There used to be some)

Marketing director should probably be careful with comments towards folks that in the last couple weeks spent money with our series......just a thought.

My thoughts exactly

3 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

I doubt he will be back, I'm sure he has decided that we are beneath his skill level by now as he is bad mouthing the series.

I was under the impression the screaming loon was a different car.  I won't call that car out, even though I am aware of everything they said and their history at multiple races..

Back on topic,

Sounds to me like that Matt Connolly guy is just upset he got whooped.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Agreed with everything here, except #1 because I haven't participated in Champ/Chump yet.

Also I think it should be noted that he often rents out seats to drivers so it may or may not have been him driving or even him losing (don't really know). Finally, I don't think anyone here should care about what he said because it's not worth getting riled up about, and I'm sure people here trash 24 hours of Lemons for the cars (or maybe even the drivers) too so some of you may not be any different from him. Just let it go and move on.

Edited by RyanGreener
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyanGreener said:

Agreed with everything here, except #1 because I haven't participated in Champ/Chump yet.

Also I think it should be noted that he often rents out seats to drivers so it may or may not have been him driving or even him losing (don't really know). Finally, I don't think anyone here should care about what he said because it's not worth getting riled up about, and I'm sure people here trash 24 hours of Lemons for the cars (or maybe even the drivers) too. Just let it go and move on.

You must be new around here....... 😆

Not saying I want an appearance clause, but it wasn't like he was being inaccurate. There are some hideous looking cars in all budget endurance racing leagues.  When I first joined Chump, I worried that the beat up cars might be a problem on track because they wouldn't care if they hit people.  Thankfully that's not actually the case.

• Like 4

Chump/Champ has always been a grassroots series with simpler/safe requirements for the  amateur/beginners teams to get involved... Over the course of my short involvement (3yrs) with the series... I've seen an improvement in the appearance of the field. Sure... some get banged up and leave it as such ^_^.   Overall, the series is doing a great job in attracting attention and participation... 

4 minutes ago, lenbo211 said:

Not saying I want an appearance clause, but it wasn't like he was being inaccurate. There are some hideous looking cars in all budget endurance racing leagues.  When I first joined Chump, I worried that the beat up cars might be a problem on track because they wouldn't care if they hit people.  Thankfully that's not actually the case.

Complete opposite actually, it's the shiny ones that plow into ya....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1