Windshield banner, number panels

Since we haven't raced since 2016, I'm not up to speed on the required 2018 "labeling".

Where do I get a windshield banner if it is required?

Are the number panels for 2018 the same as for 2017? The "online store" still says 2017.

Will this stuff be available at Rd Atlanta, or do I need to order it in advance?

My old 8" class C letters on the sides and top OK or do I need one on the rear, too?

1 minute ago, SiberianDVM said:

Since we haven't raced since 2016, I'm not up to speed on the required 2018 "labeling".

Where do I get a windshield banner if it is required?

Are the number panels for 2018 the same as for 2017? The "online store" still says 2017.

Will this stuff be available at Rd Atlanta, or do I need to order it in advance?

My old 8" class C letters on the sides and top OK or do I need one on the rear, too?

I'd stay tuned. it appears last year's sponsor is not mentioned anywhere. I also bought all the "New" decals last year, took off all the old sponsors, thank God we didn't sticker the car all up.  

Unofficial but informed:

RVA Graphics and Wraps is again the title sponsor for 2018 and selling decals.

The new number panels with "Champcar" are available now. Changing panels is not required if yours are still in good condition. A patch is available for the old panels and will be provided at races (or pay for shipping if you want to get stickered up now). Note: the 2018 rules recommend but do not require door lights. The reflective panels available online from RVA serve that purpose.

Since 2016, you will need the small class decal for the rear of the car. Same availability.

Class letter stickers on the sides can be reused.

The mandatory windshield banner available on the RVA website has been updated, but I don't know if that's final yet.

The other mandatory sticker panel with supporting sponsors is not yet available for 2018.

I would expect, as always, if you show up early to tech they will make sure you get everything you need to run.

@RVA Graphics & Wraps ?

1 hour ago, TiredBirds said:

speaking about decals, has anybody made a simple plastic panel that can be removed from the car? temping to do something like that as removing decals every year is a PITA.

You could use roll plastic but it's still 3pts per square...

Edited by bbaker480
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, takjak2 said:

Unofficial but informed:

RVA Graphics and Wraps is again the title sponsor for 2018 and selling decals.

The new number panels with "Champcar" are available now. Changing panels is not required if yours are still in good condition. A patch is available for the old panels and will be provided at races (or pay for shipping if you want to get stickered up now). Note: the 2018 rules recommend but do not require door lights. The reflective panels available online from RVA serve that purpose.

Since 2016, you will need the small class decal for the rear of the car. Same availability.

Class letter stickers on the sides can be reused.

The mandatory windshield banner available on the RVA website has been updated, but I don't know if that's final yet.

The other mandatory sticker panel with supporting sponsors is not yet available for 2018.

I would expect, as always, if you show up early to tech they will make sure you get everything you need to run.

@RVA Graphics & Wraps ?

Correct on all fronts!

We are happy to be the title sponsor for ChampCar for the 2018 series.  

There will be patch panels available so one does not need to replace all of their number panels.  

The windshield banner has been updated, see below.  

ChampCar_Windshield_Banner_Black_1024x10

The sponsor panels have not yet been finalized.

We will have everything available for the first race of the season, on site, but as mentioned, one can order online and pay shipping to enjoy the luxury of applying the decals in the warm comfort of their shop, as opposed to in the cold dark of say a Road Atlanta tech line. 

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support over the past season and please let me know if there is something we can help you with.

Best,

Justin Andress

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TiredBirds said:

speaking about decals, has anybody made a simple plastic panel that can be removed from the car? temping to do something like that as removing decals every year is a PITA.

We put ours on pieces of HVAC sheet metal and bolt them to the car.  Same panels have been on 3 cars.  It was a tip I picked up on this board.

• Like 2

• Administrators

From Mike Chisek...
re: Sebring 

The new windshield banner I will have.
The new number panels I will have.
More sponsor panels I will have.
I also have the 2018 gear check decals.
2018 Tech Decal will not be available as the shipment was delayed. We will work out a procedure for those that get their 2018 inspection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9.7.5.3. The 3 large backgrounds shall be applied to the front driver and passenger door of the car, as well as the roof. Open cars (convertibles / no roof) must have a car number on the hood. Roof or hood numbers are to be right-facing (passenger side facing).

Wait. Wut?  Isn't this facing the opposite of the way it was before? Why?