Jump to content
wvumtnbkr

Nelson Ledges test day?

Recommended Posts

The 24 is going to be happening in June.  I am looking for some days to test the car before hand.  I know it is about 2.5 hours from me and about the same from Edon Oh (wink, wink). 

 

Anybody interested in bringing a few cars and split the costs for a test day? 

 

The test would happen between march and May in 2018.

 

I have contacted the track a few minutes ago.  I should have some info over the next few weeks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

The 24 is going to be happening in June.  I am looking for some days to test the car before hand.  I know it is about 2.5 hours from me and about the same from Edon Oh (wink, wink). 

 

Anybody interested in bringing a few cars and split the costs for a test day? 

 

The test would happen between march and May in 2018.

 

I have contacted the track a few minutes ago.  I should have some info over the next few weeks.

 

 

Keep me posted Rob.

Getting back on track at Nelson will bring back fond (and scary at times) memories of my first time on track without an instructor. It was back in '96 durability testing Vipers there when I was a member of Team Viper. (Unfortunately, we'd just be bringing the Focus this time...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might actually be scarier in the focus.  I imagine the viper was certain to require using the brakes and the focus may not....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

It might actually be scarier in the focus.  I imagine the viper was certain to require using the brakes and the focus may not....

We'll have to see. But I'm thinking it might be hard to top the pucker factor of being a newb and apex'ing the kink too early at 130mph. Going off into the grass on exit, and heading straight at a dirt access road that was slightly elevated will put quite the scare into ya. (I was able to get it slowed down enough and only got airborne a bit...)

Edited by mcoppola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember going off at 115MPH in our old Miata in the kink in the fog at 1:30 AM, and seeing the spotter stand spin by three times.  I remember thinking "Will it ever stop!?"  I wound up next to the track before the last turn.  awesome.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Rob I will make a call next week and see what it would take for a rental

I sent an email and got some response.  Somebody official is gonna get back to me soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$200 to run with Auto Interests for a day the last weekend of April; not sure you'll get track time much cheaper unless you had like 20+ people committed for a private rental. They put on great events and their advanced run group hasn't been very busy from I've seen when I've attended their events. People would enjoy seeing built race cars and it may get some more people interested in getting into Champ. I know it isn't the same environment as a private test day, but it's pretty economical.

Edited by Arbitrary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

$200 to run with Auto Interests for a day the last weekend of April; not sure you'll get track time much cheaper unless you had like 20+ people committed for a private rental. They put on great events and their advanced run group hasn't been very busy from I've seen when I've attended their events. People would enjoy seeing built race cars and it may get some more people interested in getting into Champ. I know it isn't the same environment as a private test day, but it's pretty economical.

Linky?  I can't seem to find anything about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Rob I will make a call next week and see what it would take for a rental

Any word on rental costs?  We could really use a day in early April to shake down the car before Charlotte. I feel like the last semi private day we did there 20 cars made the price doable and we basically had an open track most of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kentite said:

Any word on rental costs?  We could really use a day in early April to shake down the car before Charlotte. I feel like the last semi private day we did there 20 cars made the price doable and we basically had an open track most of the day.

 

Come to Gingerman the first weekend of April :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler is a jerk.  There, I said it....

 

Lemme see if I can get away 2 weeks after newborn...  not likely...  but I'll try...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Tyler is a jerk.  There, I said it....

 

Lemme see if I can get away 2 weeks after newborn...  not likely...  but I'll try...

It's not that hard.  The coming back is the party you need to dread.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, jmabarone said:

It's not that hard.  The coming back is the party you need to dread.  

I'd rather help install a bathroom in the garage because we can than because Rob is permanently banished from the house.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a call from AutoInterests regarding their track day at Nelson Ledges April 28th and 29th. The novice groups are full , but there are slots in intermediate and advanced. She offered some discounts if we can get 8 people signed up. If you are interested please send me your email address and I will compile a list to pass along to the event coordinators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×