VPI Update "Disappeared"

@chisek

Can we get some transparency on the process that these updates follow? 

Who initiates it? Who reviews it? Then what? 

I also have to request that each update be accompanied by a list of the changes, I don't want to have to read every line in the new and old table to see what is different. 

Edited by ABR-Glen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

That's what they will be working on.  

For the change log...

Would the changes be within the same document? Or can they be a separate doc that we post along with it?

Do I keep the old docs live? Or kill them when a new one comes out?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

@chisek

Can we get some transparency on the process that these updates follow? 

Who initiates it? Who reviews it? Then what? 

I also have to request that each update be accompanied by a list of the changes, I don't want to have to read every line in the new and old table to see what is different. 

With the holidays here, Mike and Phil are away with family and friends. 

The questions will be answered, as this was part of the reason these posts were hidden.
They will be returned.
FYI. the 1801 and 1802 docs are the same. we had some formatting issues, but since the form was up for a few hours and downloaded a lot, I did a change to the version.

1803 had only one change, and that was the MR2. 

As said above, the BOD and Tech want to review some typos, the process, and some inconsistencies may be looked at.

We recognized the lack of transparency and some issues with the process. These will be answered once the BOD can talk about it after the holidays. 

We will also work out how we go about with the change log. I have a process I do for the BCCR, which I may apply to this as well. But need to discuss with my boss.

Happy Christmas, everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Technical Advisory Committee
3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

There were a couple of items that the board and tech needed to discuss, but with the holiday and some people not being available, I was asked to remove it until they can get together and discuss.

This is a huge no-no in the name of this club.  Please think critically and do not do things like this.  If the govt just "Disappeared" things, we would all be up in arms also.  

If you put it up, it needs to stay up.  A better method would be to "quote" it, and then below say that the quoted materials above are under review and not finalized yet, were posted by mistake too early, and will be addressed by the BOD after the holidays.

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Huggy said:

This is a huge no-no in the name of this club.  Please think critically and do not do things like this.  If the govt just "Disappeared" things, we would all be up in arms also.  

If you put it up, it needs to stay up.  A better method would be to "quote" it, and then below say that the quoted materials above are under review and not finalized yet, were posted by mistake too early, and will be addressed by the BOD after the holidays.

Especially if changes were noted by the membership, then those changes are modified. 

S. 

• Technical Advisory Committee
24 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Nothing has been deleted. 

It's just hidden.

That is functionally the same, and you are being pedantic by claiming its not.

I like you Bill, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is literally the opposite of being transparent with the "membership" that pays the bills.

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

For the change log...

Would the changes be within the same document? Or can they be a separate doc that we post along with it?

Keep old ones live.

Use standard revision numbering practice and keep a running log of changes in the same document up to the next major revision.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Bill Strong said:

For the change log...

The way that most building codes are handled is to replace the old file with the new one in the same location which is clearly marked as being the most up-to-date.  Old files can be moved to an archive location for access if needed. 

The most important thing is that they underline all new and/or revised text like this.  That way the old timers know what changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1