Practice Race at Sebring - 12/28/2017

Rapido

The final ChampCar iRacing League session of 2017 and we're at Sebring for a final time. Same international config, but the weather is hot (read, slippery) and the race should be a bit more challenging. 

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 28-December-2017
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST
  • Race Start: 9:15pm EST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: Sebring International
  • Weather: Hot (Clear Skybox, 84°F air temperature)
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Any questions, please let us know in this thread, and we look forward to seeing everyone on track!

Wow, I sucked after a few years off of iracing.  Sorry to anybody I hit or caused their race to be ruined.  

I was the pink and blue miata that put it in the wall.....twice.....  hard!

First time driving that track.  First time driving the miata with that car setup.  Hopefully I do better with a bit more practice!

Do the tires get greasy during a race?  Do they change at all?  It seemed like after 5 or 6 laps, the car would start looking grip.  It was either me, or the car...

Edited by wvumtnbkr

21 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Wow, I sucked after a few years off of iracing.  Sorry to anybody I hit or caused their race to be ruined.  

I was the pink and blue miata that put it in the wall.....twice.....  hard!

First time driving that track.  First time driving the miata with that car setup.  Hopefully I do better with a bit more practice!

Do the tires get greasy during a race?  Do they change at all?  It seemed like after 5 or 6 laps, the car would start looking grip.  It was either me, or the car...

Tire grip changes, there is a tire status box you can view if you want.

11 hours ago, Jamie said:

Tire grip changes, there is a tire status box you can view if you want.

Hell, I haven't even figured out the gas gauge yet. I just listen to that little voice in my head just like in real racing.

No wonder we are a mid pack team...I still don't like to wad up little innocent pixels, but I'm getting over it, but there are penalties even in IRacing for "red mist" and serious errors in judgement. I still feel bad about taking Connor out at the exit of T17...

@Rapido i just did some runs at Road Atlanta and the street stocks final drive is too high for the back straight, it's bouncing off the fuel cut. I dropped it to 4.11 and it barely makes it. Also the pits are on the opposite side as they are from champcar. 

On 12/31/2017 at 11:34 PM, Jamie said:

@Rapido i just did some runs at Road Atlanta and the street stocks final drive is too high for the back straight, it's bouncing off the fuel cut. I dropped it to 4.11 and it barely makes it. Also the pits are on the opposite side as they are from champcar. 

Just got to thinking about it. I have never pitted  in IRacing at Rd Atlanta...always hit Esc.

Ahhhhh....if it were only that easy at the real track...LOL

I think the street stock having a shorter gear helps make it more balanced against the Miatas. I could have probably gained a second a lap plus at Sebring with the right gear.

The power peak in that car is before the red light comes on.

1 hour ago, Wyatt said:

I think the street stock having a shorter gear helps make it more balanced against the Miatas. I could have probably gained a second a lap plus at Sebring with the right gear.

The power peak in that car is before the red light comes on.

Yeah I thought of that as well. 

• Like 1