DuncanDana

Sebring New Year's Eve-ish 10 hour

On 1/13/2018 at 12:11 AM, pintodave said:

I'm turning into a grumpy bastage and I'm not even 40.

I'll trade you in grumpy old bastage lessons for driving lessons...Deal?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

After reading all 20 pages of this all I can really say is: holy crap I am happy I'm not that uptight. 

It's a month later; but, the fatcrack accord team had a blast. We got our first class podium which is totally rad. We always hope for the best as we typically just go out to have fun, earning something like a podium makes it that much cooler. My dad who is typically the slowest out of all our drivers hit his fastest lap ever at Sebring by over 9 seconds. We only had one issue and that was someone didn't secure the master cylinder all the way so in the first stint, I lost some brake fluid, and then lost the pedal when racing with the e30 that had post and the buddy hendrix car. Easy fix and we were back in action. 

I was also happy to see the Eclipses actually get close to the finish despite all the other shenanigans. I know the frustration of blowing an engine or having little gremlins bite you in the ass. 

Anyone know why the TWOth 92 Civic Ran A class all year then switched to B? Those dudes were blazing fast

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 3:33 PM, dirtybird222 said:

After reading all 20 pages of this all I can really say is: holy crap I am happy I'm not that uptight. 

It's a month later; but, the fatcrack accord team had a blast. We got our first class podium which is totally rad. We always hope for the best as we typically just go out to have fun, earning something like a podium makes it that much cooler. My dad who is typically the slowest out of all our drivers hit his fastest lap ever at Sebring by over 9 seconds. We only had one issue and that was someone didn't secure the master cylinder all the way so in the first stint, I lost some brake fluid, and then lost the pedal when racing with the e30 that had post and the buddy hendrix car. Easy fix and we were back in action. 

I was also happy to see the Eclipses actually get close to the finish despite all the other shenanigans. I know the frustration of blowing an engine or having little gremlins bite you in the ass. 

Anyone know why the TWOth 92 Civic Ran A class all year then switched to B? Those dudes were blazing fast

they probably swapped to a 2 liter b20 crv motor and then put an acura vtec head, intake and throttle body on it, hence "b" class. hopefully their claiming the extra 150pts for the vtec head and intake/throttle body swap on top of the motor swap points?

the new champ catch phrase, if you ain't swap'n you ain't try'n.

Edited by flboy7x

1 hour ago, flboy7x said:

the new champ catch phrase, if you ain't swap'n you ain't try'n.

We are no longer swapped but we are trying.

37 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

We are no longer swapped but we are trying.

what's the old saying?

once you go swap you never go back to stock, or something to that affect.

1 hour ago, mender said:

Corvette LS1 V8 is a great engine, no doubt about it, but so is Porsche’s horizontally opposed straight-six. 

What?

I like the twin Caddy Hugo btw...

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, flboy7x said:

what's the old saying?

once you go swap you never go back to stock, or something to that affect.

Once you go Chevy....

On 1/31/2018 at 9:00 PM, Bandit said:

Once you go Chevy....

You hate yourself within 6 months. Become depressed. Start seeking professional help. Start going to yoga to help suppress you rage induced by  mediocrity being the answer to every question/issue. Quit your fluffy overpaid  job working at the proving grounds where it didn’t even matter if you showed up. Leave everything behind and move across country. Find happiness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

You hate yourself within 6 months. Become depressed. Start seeking professional help. Start going to yoga to help suppress you rage induced by  mediocrity being the answer to every question/issue. Quit your fluffy overpaid  job working at the proving grounds where it didn’t even matter if you showed up. Leave everything behind and move across country. Find happiness. 

Personal experience?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jamie said:

Nah. Power oversteer and V8 sounds will improve your outlook on life.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2018 at 1:40 AM, Jamie said:

On 2/2/2018 at 7:12 AM, FlorahDorah said:

Personal experience?

Nah. Still trying to convince himself the money he spent on inferior machinery with horrid reliability is the price to pay to impress his peers. But......somebody has to buy that sh-t. In the end all that matters is these individuals are “cool”. Nothing a good shrink and proper medication can’t handle. Just be aware of the ticks the medication brings on.

• Haha 1