2018 National Championships NCM

frankrehnelt

I think you need about 2 or 3 points to win.  We have 7, not worth it because the cars that did slot of races and podiumed in 1st or 2nd would need to finish 6th or worse.  There are probably 3 of those teams.....

@frankrehnelt The National Championship race registration will open for the top 75 teams in points sometime in the near future. Off the top of my head, I think the 75th ranked team will have 10-15 points. The official list is being worked on... we won't know for sure until it comes out... and I don't know when it will come out (hopefully soon).

Sometime in March, registration will open up to all teams to fill the remaining spots not claimed by the top 75. I expect there to be many spots left open because quite a few of this top group will be west coast teams (lower turnouts) who may not want to tow 35 hours each way.

(some of this information came from private conversation with board members)

I agree with Rob... I think the Champion will be one of the teams starting with 4 or less points unless there is low turnout from the top teams. 

Edited by enginerd

2 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

@enginerd they really need to embrace the club atmosphere and you clearly should have been put in charge of the points keeping for the championship race.  You have it figured in a dark corner of your computer don't you?  😎   

I am the closest thing to an inmate running the Asylum that @chisek will allow.

And after somehow managing to leave Biohazard off the list of eligible teams for the Eastern Chumpionship my fate was sealed.

No way he puts me in charge of any critical data crunching....

• Like 1

This is a genius way to crown a National Champion. This will force “lesser” teams like us to consider doing low attended races so we can qualify or have a chance at a national championship. Did they do this on purpose or.....

Edited by frankrehnelt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

@enginerd they really need to embrace the club atmosphere and you clearly should have been put in charge of the points keeping for the championship race.  You have it figured in a dark corner of your computer don't you?  😎   

I'll admit that I started a spreadsheet and had planned to maintain my own table to verify the official one, but I ran into the issue that the "all results" page of speedhive: https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Organizations/110092 can't be filtered to exclude EC... so I would end up having to do a lot of manual table filtering and sorting to get an accurate rank of non-EC cars (listed here: https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4711994#byClass ) for each race.... and then add those to a master spreadsheet of the overall season points.

Didn't seem worth the effort  to retroactively do this for the 2017 season, but I will keep track in 2018 as it will be a relatively small amount of work right after each race to keep updated.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1

I like the points idea to determine a qualifying field for this race.    Not so sure I like it once we would be there, considering if one team comes to the race with just 2 points they are going to be hard to beat if they don't have issues on track.    You all know how it is and who the major players might be.    But its a challenge for sure. 

Maybe ( just spitballing ) a inverted field based on points coming in to the event.    At least it would be entertaining and shouldn't be a problem for teams that have as much experience that this event should be drawing to it. 

2 cents, stirring the pot/and or just trolling on a Friday  :)  

59 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

Sucks that its almost 11hr drive for us, with a win and a 2nd place finish that would give us a great shot.

15 minutes ago, scottyk said:

its overall finish right? 

scottyk is correct... MoparBoyy, I think you guys have around 15 points.

• Members

I counted in my head 6+ teams (GWR, HUGGINS, Birm, Sahleens, Jacky, Bio) with 2 or 3 points to start with. I do think that anyone with 12-15 points or less, if a good amount show up, will have a chance. It is a 16 hour and just finishing a race that long is a major accomplishment and there is always a lot of attrition issues. With all of us here going to so many different races we should be able to figure it out pretty easy I would think.

Does anyone want to make a list of starting points?

GWR- 2

Icks- 2

Birm- 2

Huggins- 3?

Sahleens- 3?

Bio- 3

25 minutes ago, MR2 Biohazard said:

Does anyone want to make a list of starting points?

GWR- 2 3

Icks- 2

Birm- 2

Huggins- 3?

Sahleens- 3?

Bio- 3

Premium Dudes - 2

RBank Honda - 3

RBank Black Saab - 2

Chump Faces - 2

Slugworks - 2

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 2

• Technical Advisory Committee

We won't be at the NCM race this year, but:

What would happen, for example, if We won and GWR came in 2nd?

That would put us at 4pts and GWR at 4pts?  Is the tiebreaker overall finishing position?

If someone with 20pts won, We came in 2nd, and GWR came in 3rd, that would leave us with 5 pts, GWR with 5 pts, is the tiebreaker the same then?  

If so, functionally 2 and 3 points are exactly the same result - whoever wins the race wins it all, or more specifically, the highest finishing competitor with 2 or 3 points wins everything, unless a competitor with 4 points finishes at least 2 positions ahead of any team with 2 or 3 points.