Bill Strong

Official - 2018 Road Atlanta 14-Hour

18 hours ago, Burningham said:

This should make for an interesting finish to the race:

5a70c160cce9c_Satweather.JPG.a9d64b7abddafefbbeda43d783f051e7.JPG

Where did you get this?

What does your version of the weather say today?

I'm a fan of google's take on Saturday's weather. I'd rather race in the rain than load up the trailer in it...

image.thumb.png.b43f89802147901595fa4d5c46b20468.png

Edited by gr1vlet

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Bill Strong said:

This is why we are able to oversell the event.

Oh, Bill's got Jokes...I'll remember that...;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Where did you get this?

What does your version of the weather say today?

It was off the Weather Channel 10 day forecast.  Here is what it says today, we may be looking better:

5a71dc206247a_Satweather1.JPG.ac5ca9cd6532296b4c27bfbdab1d8fc0.JPG

Edited to say of course we all know how precisely accurate weather forecasts can be so I am banking on this one.

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 3

Will there be someone with blank number panels for sale at the track this weekend? I dropped the ball and didn't order our new ones for 2018. Oops. :(

35 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Edited to say of course we all know how precisely accurate weather forecasts can be so I am banking on this one.

*Flashback to Early December*

Alabama should receive a light dusting...no more than 1" of snow...

• Haha 3

Also, those that don't go look at the streaming subforum, please go to this thread and subscribe to all the youtube and twitch channels posted here, everyone who streams needs the subscribers

Edited by Jab31169

On 1/15/2018 at 12:17 AM, elongoran said:

We are game sounds like a cool idea and Road Atlanta is amazing maybe @Bill Strong can put something together 

All Races and team.  I will be at the track with my cameras , just like last year to capture you day and race moment. I took over 4000 pictures last year and will be back for more this year.  Let's talk Friday , or email me or something. to get the BMW's at turns 4, 5, 10 and 12 . Let me know, even on short notice.  Zoom Zoom.  Al Foer

On 1/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, Huggy said:

What are the odds we can get a photoshoot with all three "M-stripe" e30's on the track?  I think this might be the first race I recall with all of us in attendance.

I can get the shot if you guy can get the cars on the track at the same spot and time.  Shot for the 2017 RA event and will be there again on Friday and Sat.  Contact me and let's get this shot the way you want it. Al Floer the racing photographer.  :)

2017_CCWS-0061.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cybercord said:

I can get the shot if you guy can get the cars on the track at the same spot and time.  Shot for the 2017 RA event and will be there again on Friday and Sat.  Contact me and let's get this shot the way you want it. Al Floer the racing photographer.  :)

2017_CCWS-0061.jpg

One of these is not like the others...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 2/1/2018 at 8:25 AM, cybercord said:

Thanks Doc.  See ya there.

Great chatting with you about them "olden days"...When the drivers were fat and the tires were skinny. Can't wait to see your "stuff" again!!!

On 1/29/2018 at 8:59 PM, the5 said:

They are testing for AER, $1400 for Friday test day and 14 hours open track is a steal. 

Love being their guinea pigs and potential crash test dummies for only $1400.  Maybe we'll start getting LMP cars showing up too.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chump Champ Driver said:

Love being their guinea pigs and potential crash test dummies for only $1400.  Maybe we'll start getting LMP cars showing up too.

Yet somehow, they weren't even the fastest car there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

Yet somehow, they weren't even the fastest car there.

And gone from competition early on. 

17 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

True - I never saw them on track during my stint - but we all know that speed alone doesn't win these things.  I wish them the best at AER

1 hour ago, FlorahDorah said:

Pitted next to us, nice guys,nice car, they were there practicing with us because *awesome* series and the wives threatened them if they had mechanicals during AER....

1) Following them out on the first laps there was random road sparks from something front/left/off center *see 4*

2)Transmission (shifter?) issue, leaking

3) Unknown contact (little voice says tires) trashed splitter and front fascia

4) Oil cooler "sprung" a leak (while I was following them) synth fluid on my hood/windshield and track from t3 to 10b

5)Packed and left sometime during stint #4

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Pitted next to us, nice guys,nice car, they were there practicing with us because *awesome* series and the wives threatened them if they had mechanicals during AER....

1) Following them out on the first laps there was random road sparks from something front/left/off center *see 4*

4) Oil cooler "sprung" a leak (while I was following them) synth fluid on my hood/windshield and track from t3 to 10b

Guess they need to do some work. Ya, better to find out now then later. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 10:36 AM, Doc said:

Great chatting with you about them "olden days"...When the drivers were fat and the tires were skinny. Can't wait to see your "stuff" again!!!

Doc,

just finsihed the first round of edits.  3700 shots this week end.  Will be posting starting tomorrow on my web page.  Will put some group shots, awards and pits up tonight to share with everyone.  Need to see how to make a folder on  the FB page.  I might be limited on pictures.  Should I talk to Bill on this?

Regards

4 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Yea I got caught behind them during some kind of leak.  Sprayed oil all over the windshield and dropped a line of fluid all the way from the esses to the back straight when I finally got around them.

5 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Oh... and it seems like the wives know a thing or two?