2018 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 2, Practice Race 1 - Sonoma - 2/1/2018

Rapido

After the excitement of Road Atlanta, we're moving across to the West Coast for some excitement at Sonoma Raceway. This promises to be a different sort of challenge; space is at a premium and the car likes to get a bit loose. 

Session details are below, I only did three practice laps but this should act as a handy guide to the basics for those new to this track/car. 

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 1-February-2018
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST
  • Race Start: 9:15pm EST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: Sonoma Raceway Long
  • Weather: Default (Afternoon, Partly Cloudy, 78°F, 55% humidity)
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline with reduced fuel (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Useful Links

2018 ChampCar Sim Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

Finally got some laps in last night, truth on the slippy bit with the weather set this way  - should be a fun and exciting race.  This is one of those tracks where the Miata needs to be driven as an actual throttle pedal and not an on/off switch.  

Its been a long time since I've run laps on this track in Gran Turismo/Forza, I do really enjoy this track.  Absolutely love how much the elevation is noticed in iRacing compared to those games; makes the experience even better!

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee

What are the weather / track settings for this week?   Looks like I have some time tonight and I'd really like to practice so I can try to figure out how NOT to lose the back of the car coming out of 2, 3A, 6, 7A, 8, 10....    dang it, that's most of the track.... :D

• Haha 1