10 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Holy Moses! I know you can wheel that thing, but what drivetrain is that thing packing? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Quicker10u said:

Here is our recap video. Good times were had by all. 

Ken

Apex Predators Fatty Firebird

It's all about having fun..

Pretty cool idea to have the name plates on the dash for the video

50 minutes ago, Quicker10u said:

Here is our recap video. Good times were had by all. 

Ken

Apex Predators Fatty Firebird

Sweet.

Do you mind sharing what method you are using for those nameplates? Pretty cool idea. We can identify our drivers by different size/helmets but that is much easier and cooler.

43 minutes ago, Kentite said:

Holy Moses! I know you can wheel that thing, but what drivetrain is that thing packing? 

It's a VQ30 from Nissan. They make like 190 hp. Pretty much exactly the same as the m50 in a e36.

The trick I think to look fast is to just never slow down. Haha!

Edited by Wyatt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, CWag said:

To follow up on our discussions at the track.  I apologize for the early contact.  Cold tires early in the morning and the car snapped around unexpectedly entering 12.  Very sorry you guys got caught in my spin and very glad you were able to bounce back and win EC.  Look forward to racing against you again in the future.

Any day when two cars can touch when they are perpendicular and continue on to the podium is a good day!   I might need to get my suit cleaned but otherwise all good.   Thanks again for finding us afterwards!   

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

It's a VQ30 from Nissan. They make like 190 hp. Pretty much exactly the same as the m50 in a e36.

VQ30..... that is ringing a bell somehow, where have I heard this before?

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

13 minutes ago, Burningham said:

My first race in the car. So, I'm just learning about it myself.

You're ahead of me!

Edited by Wyatt
  • Like 1

Y

34 minutes ago, Burningham said:

VQ30...VQ35 whatever it takes.

image.png.ed7cb154a2ec31e547bb01b453f33664.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Wyatt said:

They also made 220+ hp in slightly later A33 guise.

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

We thought about bringing the same valve cover Tuttle had and taping it on for poops and giggles but restrained ourselves (we went to a nearby junkyard to get one).

In the 2018 goals thread, one of my goals was to run so well that people started to question our setup / think it is cheaty. #success

cute-success-kid-1920x1080.0.0.jpg

Screenshot_20180208-131736.png

*Hey now. My S$&%$ & giggles got changed to poops & giggles.  This feels like a @Bill Strongism

Edited by vtjballeng
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, shutupracing said:

Sweet.

Do you mind sharing what method you are using for those nameplates? Pretty cool idea. We can identify our drivers by different size/helmets but that is much easier and cooler.

We had our sign guy whip up some nameplates for us.  Velcro backed, we just swap them out during the hour it takes us to put fuel in the car.  :)

Ken

• Haha 2

Capture.thumb.JPG.fedfcd84d867cab115a2067add2ee43f.JPG

Just in case you were wondering, the middle finger is the proper way to give a point by to your friends when they are lapping you

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Wyatt said:

That seems to do the trick.

30 minutes ago, Quicker10u said:

We had our sign guy whip up some nameplates for us.  Velcro backed, we just swap them out during the hour it takes us to put fuel in the car.  :)

Ken

Ours are magnetic thinking we could just slap them on the cross bar, but like most of our prep for this race that didn't work too well so we added a piece of flatbar during the practice day to put them on.  It works slick.  Too bad our live broadcast didn't work the morning of the race so we ended up not needing them anyway.  Still can't figure that out, no matter what we did it just would broadcast a black screen.  The resolution was poor the day before anyway, but it looked like a lot of people's were so we must be doing the same.  Ours worked great at Barber using Racecast and the same equipment.  Our set up is GoPro, Liveshell, Verizon mifi, YouTube live.  Would be interesting to hear what setup those that worked well are using.

Luckily one of the guys had the presence to hit the record button on the GoPro about mid morning so we did record some footage.  Here is about the last 10 min of my stint.

Burningham RA Stint #3 12p-2p last 10 min

36 minutes ago, Jab31169 said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.fedfcd84d867cab115a2067add2ee43f.JPG

Just in case you were wondering, the middle finger is the proper way to give a point by to your friends when they are lapping you

Chris must have been driving slow, I usually go by y'all so fast I never notice... hyuck yuck yuck.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Capture.JPG.a2680d18a20d9433b33002e7429ac93d.JPG

Yea one of our guys printed off the names, did a cardboard cutout, used packing tape to waterproof it, and then we put velcro on the dash bar and the back of the sign.  We try to remember to swap them out every change but that apparently didnt happen the last 3 stints of the day at RA

Edited by Jab31169

I thought maybe I started the trend at the VIR South race last year. I put a message on basically a yard sign with velco on the dash during the live stream. I embarrassed them really well. Ha!

• Haha 1

All ,

I have photos up on my website for review and purchase if you like.  Thanks for all up front.  I have a great weekend talking with many of you.  Cold but still a good day at the track. Wil do discounts for multiple car teams.  Contact me with any questions.  cybercord@gmail.com

See this link: http://www.cybercord.com/Chump-Car-Racing/ChampCar-Media-Files

Regards,

Al

ChampCar_2018-2415.jpg

ChampCar_2018-3337.jpg

ChampCar_2018-3612.jpg

ChampCar_2018-3757.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wyatt said:

You can certainly wheel that thing!

I couldnt help but notice that twice within the first 5 laps you passed a car while there was a flag situation and a car off course.  In Champ, I thought the rule was that you are not allowed to go back to racing until you can see a clear flag stand AND are passed the area or incident.  Specifically, the side by side from 2:08 through 2:18ish...

I am wondering if this is a camera angle or distortion situation?

Edited by wvumtnbkr

59 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Ours are magnetic thinking we could just slap them on the cross bar, but like most of our prep for this race that didn't work too well so we added a piece of flatbar during the practice day to put them on.  It works slick.  Too bad our live broadcast didn't work the morning of the race so we ended up not needing them anyway.  Still can't figure that out, no matter what we did it just would broadcast a black screen.  The resolution was poor the day before anyway, but it looked like a lot of people's were so we must be doing the same.  Ours worked great at Barber using Racecast and the same equipment.  Our set up is GoPro, Liveshell, Verizon mifi, YouTube live.  Would be interesting to hear what setup those that worked well are using.

Luckily one of the guys had the presence to hit the record button on the GoPro about mid morning so we did record some footage.  Here is about the last 10 min of my stint.

We are using an iPhone 5 with StreamLabs application, Verizon mifi, to YouTube live.  Resolution was good on test day, but video stuttered at times.  Resolution was low on race day.  I would like to hear what others are doing that is more successful before making any changes.

Thanks,

Ryan

35 minutes ago, Burningham said:

The resolution was poor the day before anyway, but it looked like a lot of people's were so we must be doing the same.  Ours worked great at Barber using Racecast and the same equipment.  Our set up is GoPro, Liveshell, Verizon mifi, YouTube live.  Would be interesting to hear what setup those that worked well are using.

We couldn't broadcast at all.  We got all set up on Twitch and at the last minute they said that wouldn't be using Twitch and only will use YouTube Live.  Well, we're running GoPro-Liveshell (Cerevo) and it didn't even give us an option for output to YouTube.  It kept saying we had to be a YouTube Partner.  We'll have to figure that out before Daytona.  What a pain.  We loved being picked up by the official feed at Sebring.  We forgot to click the button to record me starting the race, and then I think we ran out of Memory for my second stint when I ran the fastest laps of the day.  Stuff happens.

21 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

You can certainly wheel that thing!

I couldnt help but notice that twice within the first 5 laps you passed a car while there was a flag situation and a car off course.  In Champ, I thought the rule was that you are not allowed to go back to racing until you can see a clear flag stand AND are passed the area or incident.  Specifically, the side by side from 2:08 through 2:18ish...

I am wondering if this is a camera angle or distortion situation?

I think that was just a simple miscommunication with the car next to me. I think he/she was worried about passing me back under yellow and I was worried about passing them. 

So we just gently cruised up the hill. There is a manned flag station almost parallel to the parked car on the right, not showing a flag. I went by after I passed there.

I thought it was kind of funny at the time. "No, you first." "No, you." "No, you, I insist." Haha!

Edited by Wyatt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1