Just a suggestion to the #491 @Clear Motorwerx driver during 11:30 FCY.  Keep up with the car in front of you.  Within one lap you managed to put a half a lap gap between you and the next car.   You did not pass the emergency truck at one point and almost came to a complete stop around Turn 3 going around the blower which almost caused a few fender benders behind you.   Pics are on back straight one lap apart.  (On the 2nd pic - the car in T10 is EV.)

5a77e708b0d0d_Example1.thumb.png.ff3800c8d870f8edba14e5d4d82c6d99.png5a77e737a9082_Example2.thumb.png.0fc20f03f5e3fa3587286fd298efe99d.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Burningham said:

Who was in your car from 12 to 2?  That was a tea total blast mixing it up for a bunch of laps.

7 hours ago, revvhappy said:

I also had a great time racing the Shark around 2pm. 

Still looking through vid, have yet to get up to driver #3 Mike

Around an hour into the race, I was mixing it up with a Lexus IS300(?) and one lap it was yellow in the back straight. The next lap, the yellow is gone, but the Lexus driver is waiving his hand out the window. Since he had his hand out I look up at the flag station and see no yellow. I move to the left to pass, and there is a car parked on the track in the middle of the straight. I was able to dart back behind the Lexus and continue on. 

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to signal me. 

• Like 6

This was my response when Wyatt passed me in the "Not Banned Yet" car for the lead in the first stint. 

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, red0 said:

Around an hour into the race, I was mixing it up with a Lexus IS300(?) and one lap it was yellow in the back straight. The next lap, the yellow is gone, but the Lexus driver is waiving his hand out the window. Since he had his hand out I look up at the flag station and see no yellow. I move to the left to pass, and there is a car parked on the track in the middle of the straight. I was able to dart back behind the Lexus and continue on. 

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to signal me. 

I was driving the IS then. I'm glad you saw me trying to get your attention, I knew you had a run but wanted to make sure you knew there was still a car there. It would have been very bad. 

There were several times in that first stint where I felt like the corner stations weren't communicating very well. There was this time, where like you said, multiple local yellows along the back straight the previous lap, then no yellow in the middle of the straightaway with a car stopped in the middle of the track. Another later on at the station coming out of turn 5. There were several issues up at 6 and 7 but nothing along the short straightaway leading up to 6. Once the safety crew worked there way out there, the station at the exit of 5 showed yellow and white, makes sense, but they continued to show standing yellow for 5 or 6 laps, even after the incidents were cleared through 6 and 7. I didn't know if anyone else noticed that, It caused some weird passing because some people recognized there was no incident, could see the next station, just after exiting turn 5, with no flags displayed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, drew_peele said:

I was driving the IS then. I'm glad you saw me trying to get your attention, I knew you had a run but wanted to make sure you knew there was still a car there. It would have been very bad. 

I had no idea there was still a car in that spot. With the yellow gone, I assumed it was gone. I was more cautious than usual because of your signalling, so it really did help. Thanks again. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Chump Champ Driver said:

Just a suggestion to the #491 @Clear Motorwerx driver during 11:30 FCY.  Keep up with the car in front of you.  Within one lap you managed to put a half a lap gap between you and the next car.   You did not pass the emergency truck at one point and almost came to a complete stop around Turn 3 going around the blower which almost caused a few fender benders behind you.   Pics are on back straight one lap apart.  (On the 2nd pic - the car in T10 is EV.)

We ask at the drivers' meeting at pretty much every race we attend if they are going to black flag second pace cars. If you can't grasp the concept of catching the car in front of you under a FCY then you should be black flagged, smacked in the head with a tack hammer, and parked in the box for 5-minutes while your team fumes at you in the pit stall. 

S. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, drew_peele said:

I was driving the IS then.

What happened to the IS300? The front left hit didn't look too bad but it was parked. That is a beautiful car.

I have one as a DD and believe that it would make a great racer for this series.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snorman said:

If you can't grasp the concept of catching the car in front of you under a FCY then you should be black flagged, smacked in the head with a tack hammer, and parked in the box for 5-minutes while your team fumes at you in the pit stall. 

One of my drivers was caught directly behind the old red VW (scirocco?) acting like a 2nd pace car during a FCY. The rest of the field was out of sight when the green dropped. I'll pitch in to purchase the tack hammer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, revvhappy said:

One of my drivers was caught directly behind the old red VW (scirocco?) acting like a 2nd pace car during a FCY. The rest of the field was out of sight when the green dropped. I'll pitch in to purchase the tack hammer.

Yeah, it's frustrating. We were caught behind a Neon last year at Daytona (we finished 6th overall), and we lost well over half lap during the FCY. I still believe this issue bears emphasis during the drivers' meeting. 

S. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Yeah, it's frustrating. We were caught behind a Neon last year at Daytona (we finished 6th overall), and we lost well over half lap during the FCY. I still believe this issue bears emphasis during the drivers' meeting. 

S. 

Doesn't everyone have a radio now? And cars have rear numbers. Are we not reporting the offending driver to race control?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SiberianDVM said:

Doesn't everyone have a radio now? And cars have rear numbers. Are we not reporting the offending driver to race control?

They didn't listen at the driver's meeting, what makes you think they have any idea where the black flag station is?

Our radios work in a 2-way fashion between T10 and T3.

Julian: it was great to see your Supra turning laps all day!

Edited by revvhappy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SiberianDVM said:

Absolutely. 

17 minutes ago, revvhappy said:

What happened to the IS300? The front left hit didn't look too bad but it was parked. That is a beautiful car.

I have one as a DD and believe that it would make a great racer for this series.

We got into a racing incident going into turn 6. A BMW was very slow entering the braking zone for the corner, the Miata behind made a move inside not expecting him to be that slow. We committed to the inside just before the Miata made the move to avoid hitting the BMW which led to us hitting the right rear of the Miata with our left front. We were just trying to put some time on the car at the is race getting it ready for future events. So after the incident, we got what we wanted to be accomplished and parked the car. Thankfully the Miata was able to continue the race.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, revvhappy said:

They didn't listen at the driver's meeting, what makes you think they have any idea where the black flag station is?

Julian: it was great to see your Supra turning laps all day!

Thanks! 

It wasn't quite all day, but we did make it to the checkered flag. We got a deserved 10 minute penalty, and then had to make a 1 hour repair. 

33 minutes ago, Snorman said:

We ask at the drivers' meeting at pretty much every race we attend if they are going to black flag second pace cars. If you can't grasp the concept of catching the car in front of you under a FCY then you should be black flagged, smacked in the head with a tack hammer, and parked in the box for 5-minutes while your team fumes at you in the pit stall. 

S. 

Do they always put the pace car on track for every FCY? 

3 minutes ago, drew_peele said:

We got into a racing incident going into turn 6. A BMW was very slow entering the braking zone for the corner, the Miata behind made a move inside not expecting him to be that slow. We committed to the inside just before the Miata made the move to avoid hitting the BMW which led to us hitting the right rear of the Miata with our left front. We were just trying to put some time on the car at the is race getting it ready for future events. So after the incident, we got what we wanted to be accomplished and parked the car. Thankfully the Miata was able to continue the race.

Was that our BMW, #52 Black and Silver?  One of the Lexus drivers came to talk with my team while I was in the car and apologized about contacting us in the rear.

Does anyone know the team One Piece at a Time driving the #95 White 1980 Z28 Camaro?  If so could you please pass a request to contact me via PM.

21 minutes ago, Snorman said:

I still believe this issue bears emphasis during the drivers' meeting. 

S. 

I am the "other guy" at each SE race asking that stupid question in attempt to force microphone conversation on the matter.;)

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, reidry said:

Was that our BMW, #52 Black and Silver?  One of the Lexus drivers came to talk with my team while I was in the car and apologized about contacting us in the rear.

Does anyone know the team One Piece at a Time driving the #95 White 1980 Z28 Camaro?  If so could you please pass a request to contact me via PM.

I don't think it was your BMW, it was a white BMW in the incident I mentioned. 

25 minutes ago, SiberianDVM said:

we have tried this many times, and race control says its the corner workers job to call it in.

• Sad 1

This was the first race for Empty Pockets Racing at Road Atlanta!  We brought 5 drivers, only one of which had driven the track.

We had a rough start with new rotors and new pads causing some pulsing in the front under braking, combined with new tires our first driver was pretty cautious.  After that stint we fell into a pretty good rhythm for a team new to Road Atlanta.  Had a great time, minimal damage from a couple of love taps. 

Prepping for Daytona!

Ryan 

12 minutes ago, drew_peele said:

I don't think it was your BMW, it was a white BMW in the incident I mentioned. 

Copy, thx.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Burningham said:

Who was in your car from 12 to 2?  That was a tea total blast mixing it up for a bunch of laps.

Seconded. Had one of my funnest W2W experience ever with the shark car around 2:30. We were slicing and dicing for about 5-6 laps.

1 hour ago, drew_peele said:

This seems to be the scenario for a lot of racing incidents.  I've been on both sides of this, the car making the move to pass two cars and the car deciding at the last minute to dart out.  I've learned my lesson of not doing that without double-checking though, years ago.  Something good for everyone involved to be aware of, it happens so fast.  

57 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

I am the "other guy"

We actually refer to you as "THAT" guy...among other things. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2