Hey! I just got an ad for the LeMons Hooptie-Con event at Sears Point on the ChampCar forum. That looks like fun.  (Not kidding, by the way. First ad I saw while reading this thread about ads. Yee-haw!)

3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

A lot of us got our start with Lemons.

Yea, it was an easy way to get my feet wet in road racing. 

are the ad bucks rolling in? I am clicking all that I can!

.... but I refuse to click on Amsoil...

Edited by bbqman

I see ads pop up in the middle of posts I'm reading.  That's is annoying.  

• Like 2

I mentioned that weeks ago. Was told it was fixed. Sure doesn't seem like it. And yes, very annoying. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the picture you're looking at in the ad is part of someone's post. 

Edited by mcoppola
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2018 at 11:16 AM, JDChristianson said:

Yep. Still annoying.  

Yep you still are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

How much income is it adding Bill?

Entry fees aren't free yet, so not enough to justify.  

So, anyone got a look at those member friendly financials yet??  Wasn't that coming out like 2015?  But seriously, anyone?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

So, anyone got a look at those member friendly financials yet??  Wasn't that coming out like 2015?  But seriously, anyone?

I realize you posted in green, but Jer did answer your question in this very thread. (I'm waiting as (im)patiently as you are)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

The first financials will be shown at NCM. It's real. 
FTR, my message board brought in between $1500 to $5000 a month with Google ads. But I had a much larger active user base. 
We are way below that. It's looking like $10 a day. It was up to $30 when I had the "good ads" working. But You guys complained, so I removed them.
This money goes to my media department to help fund new equipment. 
The idea is that ChamnpCar.Live does not take monies away from the racing side. My goal is to give you guys a top-notch show that is self-sustained by ads and the forum trolls... I mean members. :)

We need more threads like the exploding fuel tanks and cheater E30s. Maybe more 1500 pound MR2s will help.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

The first financials will be shown at NCM. It's real. 
FTR, my message board brought in between $1500 to $5000 a month with Google ads. But I had a much larger active user base. 
We are way below that. It's looking like $10 a day. It was up to $30 when I had the "good ads" working. But You guys complained, so I removed them.
This money goes to my media department to help fund new equipment. 
The idea is that ChamnpCar.Live does not take monies away from the racing side. My goal is to give you guys a top-notch show that is self-sustained by ads and the forum trolls... I mean members. :)

We need more threads like the exploding fuel tanks and cheater E30s. Maybe more 1500 pound MR2s will help.

Bill I am sure there are other ways to make the media department money for the company other than forum ads.  Your board that you ran was a little bit different of a user base IMO like any other board like R3V and Bimmer Forums.  When you first explained the ads you stated we always wanted lower racing, but you just said it is going towards media now......so it was for your own department and not for the racers.  

• Like 1

no. champcar gets the money. I don't handle that stuff. 

I am working on cleaning it up. these auto placement ads are what I am having a hard time shutting off. there should only be three ads at the bottom of the page so they don't interfere with your reading.
I'll get it. But remember when I said, it is at the bottom of my work list? It's moved up a bit since.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, hotchkis23 said:

To reiterate, financials will be presented no later than the BOD meeting in June.  I can say the Board is reviewing the financials which I worked on with the outside accountant for the last week.  They should be finalized with the Board in the next few weeks.  I'll talk to Mike and see if he wants to release them prior to the Board meeting.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jer said:

To reiterate, financials will be presented no later than the BOD meeting in June.  I can say the Board is reviewing the financials which I worked on with the outside accountant for the last week.  They should be finalized with the Board in the next few weeks.  I'll talk to Mike and see if he wants to release them prior to the Board meeting.  

Thanks for the update!  That is really awesome to hear.  I didn't go back through the entire thread and had missed the first response.

14 hours ago, hotchkis23 said:

Thanks for the update!  That is really awesome to hear.  I didn't go back through the entire thread and had missed the first response.

Even better, we will be releasing the financials no later than the end of April.  We are discussing the best way to do this but it will likely be through email to all the members.    

• Like 1

I missed the ads, so i am happy they are back.  clicking away.....

• Like 1

Suggestion concerning the ads.

Get on an affiliate program versus just Google ads. You have a focused group here, so I'm guessing Tire Rack ads would pay bigly. 

Bimmerworld probably would as well. 🤣

I did some affiliate stuff years ago with the Rack and they paid very well. No idea now admittedly. 

Of course the forum software may be an issue. However I would definitely look into it.

• Thanks 1