E30 15 x 8 Wheel advice needed

theflyingferret

Hi folks, some friends and I are throwing together a very battered '87 325e, we're going for safety and robustness first...speed will come later (maybe)! We're not familiar with the E30 but are trying to learn quickly.

I want to put decent boots under it and would like to go to 15 x 8 wheels from the original 14s. I see a lot of great looking E30s in Champ and am looking for some advice on the most cost-efficient way of putting 15 x 8s on the thing. Any opinions as to what wheels are robust and what are not, have other folks found aftermarket Honda or Miata wheels that work well?

Any info on spacers/adapters/hub centric rings to ensure fitment and decent offset etc....would really be appreciated, cheers....

1 hour ago, theflyingferret said:

Cheers guys. I had looked at the TR Motorsport options but I didn't know how well they were holding up to endurance race stresses. I've seen a number of spokes cracking on cheap knock-offs. Looks like I need to revisit Tirerack.

These are much more robust. Not really knockoffs at all. I believe they are bespoke to TR themselves. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...