Sign in to follow this  
hotrod

Race & Performance Expo

For those near Chicago this weekend February 24-25 is the Race & Performance at the Schaumberg Convention center in Schaumberg, Illinois. We'll be there with our #38 Ford Focus in the Bernie's Rods & Customs display booth number 1625 & 1627. This is the shows 11th year and it's turned out to be a great show for anyone involved in racing or hot rods. Go to rpexpo.com/ for info. Stop by & let me know how your BMW kicked our ass!

5 hours ago, hotrod said:

Stop by & let me know how your BMW kicked our ass!

Or didn't..... :o   (since not too many did)

Great season Bernie!

Edited by mcoppola
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hotrod said:

For those near Chicago this weekend February 24-25 is the Race & Performance at the Schaumberg Convention center in Schaumberg, Illinois. We'll be there with our #38 Ford Focus in the Bernie's Rods & Customs display booth number 1625 & 1627. This is the shows 11th year and it's turned out to be a great show for anyone involved in racing or hot rods. Go to rpexpo.com/ for info. Stop by & let me know how your BMW kicked our ass!

I'll try to stop by!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hotrod said:

. Stop by & let me know how your BMW kicked our ass!

11 hours ago, enginerd said:

I'll try to stop by!

well, @enginerd you're one of the only guys that are eligible to do this!

Bernie had a pretty good year with that Focus!

Edited by mcoppola

11 hours ago, enginerd said:

I'll try to stop by!

Great....We can exchange lies:).......Saturday morning I've got radio to do from 8:00-11:00 then I'll be by the booth the rest of the day & Sunday...R&P Expo is one of the only performance shows that allows the general public attend not just "Trade only"

So how did the expo turn out? Lot's of interest in Champcar? I am once again saddened that we lost Autobahn for 2018. Every time that event gets run, it is a blast and then it gets taken off the schedule for the following year. 

The 2017 event was epic in the fact that we got to run the full course (I had never run the full course before) and Champcar did a great job switching courses by bringing the pace car out etc. 

I hope we can drum up more interest in that event for 2019. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red0 said:

So how did the expo turn out? Lot's of interest in Champcar? I am once again saddened that we lost Autobahn for 2018. Every time that event gets run, it is a blast and then it gets taken off the schedule for the following year. 

The 2017 event was epic in the fact that we got to run the full course (I had never run the full course before) and Champcar did a great job switching courses by bringing the pace car out etc. 

We need to attract more than 27 cars if we want Autobahn to be a mainstay on the calendar.

2 hours ago, red0 said:

There was a good turnout. Had a couple Champcar guys come by & a Lemons Team. Show is mostly short track & drag race related with only a few road race cars in attendance (SCCA had a booth). It was fun explaining what we do & how the races are run. Nobody can fathom a 14 to 24 hour race & how economical the cars are to build. Had several say they had been thinking about building a car.Hopefully converted a couple guys.

Would be nice to have the Autobahn on the schedule every year as Enginerd said the car count needs to be higher. Right in the middle of the Midwest you would think more would attend.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, hotrod said:

There was a good turnout. Had a couple Champcar guys come by & a Lemons Team. Show is mostly short track & drag race related with only a few road race cars in attendance (SCCA had a booth). It was fun explaining what we do & how the races are run. Nobody can fathom a 14 to 24 hour race & how economical the cars are to build. Had several say they had been thinking about building a car.Hopefully converted a couple guys.

Would be nice to have the Autobahn on the schedule every year as Enginerd said the car count needs to be higher. Right in the middle of the Midwest you would think more would attend.

Really cool event!  Nice to see you guys took the time to rep the series.  Along the participation for Autobahn, last year it was 2 weeks after WGI and two weeks prior to NCM, so I think just the bad scheduling(I know we take what we get) really hurt the turnout more than anything negative about the facilities.  I know our team had an absolute blast and really were looking forward to going back!

On 2/26/2018 at 9:27 AM, red0 said:

On 2/26/2018 at 11:35 AM, enginerd said:

We need to attract more than 27 cars if we want Autobahn to be a mainstay on the calendar.

Agree with what Nate said.  We need the Gingerman turnout that happened last year to happen an Autobahn to keep it on the schedule.  Maybe a nice breezy September race would work?