Jump to content

Official 2018 - Sahlens Champyard Dog at the Glen (Watkins Glen)


Bill Strong
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • ChampCar Staff
11 hours ago, Rapido said:

Anyone know the situation regarding spectators; will the general admission areas be open? Realise that pit access requires a temporary membership, but what about people just wanting to watch?

 

So Watkins Glen keeps the stands located on the outside of the track, out side of turn 1, open to anyone who wants to come watch things. 

 

Anyone who wants to enter the track area must first sign the same waiver we are all going to sign. Additionally, everyone at our event must be a member of the ChampCar Endurance Series. If they are not a member they can get a temporary one-day membership when they enter. For our insurance we do not allow spectators, only club members, that's why we offer one-day memberships at the gate. If they want to enter the pit-lane area they will need to get a pit-lane access wrist band.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Argetsinger grand  stand is for Free viewing for any event other than a professional race.   You would be directed there from the front gate  worker (gate 2)  & there are signs and this is on the outside of the track.

1 hour ago, Rapido said:

Thanks @DuncanDana

 

To confirm - stands outside T1 are open, but require a $20 one-day CC membership to use?   No fee for the free grand stand outside the track

 

Edited by DEE DEE
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, shutupracing said:

@DuncanDana @RVA Graphics & Wraps

 

Will you be bringing decals and banners?

 

RVA should I message you regarding ordering? we pulled our old windshield banner and some of the sponsor decals and need to reapply for this race.

Unfortunately, we will not be at this one as I am recovering from knee surgery and we were thin for this race to start with.  Please contact Tyler at the shop if you need anything for this race as I know we have been filling quite a few orders this past week.

Good Luck!

 

Justin

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bbaker480 said:

I'm sure Tyler, Bryan, and Rob will still be in the bar! 

FTFY.

 

I thought about including Mark, but I assume he will walk in and turn back around again....

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
19 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

FTFY.

 

I thought about including Mark, but I assume he will walk in and turn back around again....

 

I might swing on by after 11pm or whenever I get in town from Syracuse then. I don't think I'll get to the lodge on Friday evening as I want to go watch a teammate run his modified after practice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Decals...
I will be inspecting all cars before and after the race. All cars are required to have the decals applied as per the BCCR. 
Podium cars, if they fall off your car you will be required to have them on the car in Parc Ferme' unless there is actual racing damage to the decal on the panel. 


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, red0 said:

 

I might swing on by after 11pm or whenever I get in town from Syracuse then. I don't think I'll get to the lodge on Friday evening as I want to go watch a teammate run his modified after practice. 

Good.  That will leave us 2 hours to "catch up".....   on car bombs....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Decals...
I will be inspecting all cars before and after the race. All cars are required to have the decals applied as per the BCCR. 
Podium cars, if they fall off your car you will be required to have them on the car in Parc Ferme' unless there is actual racing damage to the decal on the panel. 


 

 

Will decals be available for purchase at Tech or Registration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, red0 said:

 

I might swing on by after 11pm or whenever I get in town from Syracuse then. I don't think I'll get to the lodge on Friday evening as I want to go watch a teammate run his modified after practice. 

You won't get to the bar till after midnight if your landing @10pm in Syracuse.

Edited by DEE DEE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Decals...
I will be inspecting all cars before and after the race. All cars are required to have the decals applied as per the BCCR. 
Podium cars, if they fall off your car you will be required to have them on the car in Parc Ferme' unless there is actual racing damage to the decal on the panel. 


 

Parc Ferme?

Its a double 7 right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Impound for the top 5 is also known as parc ferme.

ah, thanks. I'm just a simple guy and only knew it as impound.  Bill getting all fancy with his French.

 

 

Edited by scottyk
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
11 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

You won't get to the bar till after midnight if your landing @10pm in Syracuse.

 

Yea, I looked at the driving time and saw it's farther than I thought. Not to mention rental car lines etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
12 hours ago, scottyk said:

ah, thanks. I'm just a simple guy and only knew it as impound.  Bill getting all fancy with his French.

 

 

 

 

Je suis désolé d'utiliser une terminologie incorrecte. La déclaration correcte serait "Impound"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, red0 said:

 

Yea, I looked at the driving time and saw it's farther than I thought. Not to mention rental car lines etc. 

I fly to Buffalo.  It's like 2.5 hours from there, but it's a pleasant drive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...