Finally got around to taking some pics now that it's home. Going to trailer it up to a local fab shop to talk about redoing the doors and seeing if they can do 1" plinth boxes to raise it up. 

OxfXTL.jpg
z2X7Za.jpg
ZoBSxl.jpgz

eYf5Mh.jpg
Yqhljd.jpg
XTzOf8.jpg
9yQu6B.jpg
n8sD57.jpg
TbtYx9.jpg
PtZNck.jpg
Fr9LEL.jpg
4Xjk0Y.jpg
LTKXB8.jpg

Your main hoop bar should be wider but if you are having your door bars bent outwards it may give you more room for your seat ,please run the door bars through the door jam instead of the reverse bend around , it's legal but has to be weaker . It is a small car so get the cage as wide as possible to give more protection .  One other thing before you raise the cage I can see the top of the halo bar where it meets the main hoop is not welded across  . Yes we check with sight ,feel , and even a mirror to make sure all cage welds are complete if they are not you are not racing till they are .    Thanks for the pictures and I don't want to seem critical just trying to help .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Franck said:

Your main hoop bar should be wider but if you are having your door bars bent outwards it may give you more room for your seat ,please run the door bars through the door jam instead of the reverse bend around , it's legal but has to be weaker . It is a small car so get the cage as wide as possible to give more protection .  One other thing before you raise the cage I can see the top of the halo bar where it meets the main hoop is not welded across  . Yes we check with sight ,feel , and even a mirror to make sure all cage welds are complete if they are not you are not racing till they are .    Thanks for the pictures and I don't want to seem critical just trying to help .

Thats the exact type of feedback we need. Thank you! 

Busy weekend ahead. 

Got an on track autoX event close to my house on Sept 30th. We're going to TRY to get the car driving with my spare engine to make it to the event. Only planning on using it as a suspension and brake shakedown test since we have those parts ready to be installed.

After that event I'll get it to the local cage builder to get fixed. 

Kyle

I don't know if this would ever matter to you or not, but this cage wouldn't pass Lemons tech (backstays lading behind rear axle). Just FYI. 

Edited by ross2004