Daytona Seats

I am putting some feelers out for some renters for Daytona in our second SC300 or the chop top Z. A few of my normal guys have not fully committed and I want to run both cars! The SC300 is getting a brake upgrade that brings the setup in line with the car that we have won the Daytona and Sebring 14 hour races for the last two years. Prior wheel to wheel experience is a must! 

On 3/17/2018 at 12:33 PM, CutlassRacer said:

I am putting some feelers out for some renters for Daytona in our second SC300 or the chop top Z. A few of my normal guys have not fully committed and I want to run both cars! The SC300 is getting a brake upgrade that brings the setup in line with the car that we have won the Daytona and Sebring 14 hour races for the last two years. Prior wheel to wheel experience is a must! 

I have some interest, would like some additional information on cars being run

The cars are pretty well known in the series for those that have raced much in the last few years, but here is a little more info on both of the ones that are available:

The 300ZX dominated Sebring 2011 and 2012 then got the rule book thrown at it by former bossman so we built other cars and kept winning with them. It has been 2:30 flat around Sebring in Champcar trim with Ethan Low piloting the car so that gives you an idea of what it is capable of. Every person who has driven it absolutely loves the handling. It brakes well, turns well, is predictable and is quick for the series. It should be capable of at worst a top 10 fastest lap time at Daytona if it is being driven well. It has won at Sebring and Road Atlanta and set FTD at a bunch more races. With the current rule package, it is still an EC car so this is our low pressure, go have tons of fun car. We typically pit it a little out of sequence to pit the two SC300s at the most opportune times.

The SC300 was added to the stable last year and since it was purchased it has been converted to better duplicate the SC300 that we have won the 14 hour races at Sebring and Daytona the last two years straight. It had some teething problems last year at Daytona after we picked up a bunch of power with it and it fried the clutch. It ran really well at the Sebring 14 hour but lost a motor at the Sebring 10 hour after some exuberant downshifts buzzed it pretty high. The new engine went in last week and it sounds great but will be going across the dyno to verify that everything is as good as it sounds. It is also getting all new brakes to match the #225 SC300 as well as a Digital radio as the stuff that came in the car was not nearly as good as what we have in our other cars. This car is a solid C class car and without any problems and good drivers, it should finish in the Top 10.

We bring a small crew to take care of the cars and pit them for each stop, but an extra hand with a fire extinguisher is always appreciated. We also try and have snacks and drinks on pit road as well as plenty of spare parts to keep the car on track for as much time as possible. We always plan for them to run for 100% of the race, but its racing and these are cheap cars so we all know what can happen. If you get no time in the car at all, we do a 50% refund of the total time purchased or we can move that 50% as a credit to a future race. 

Edited by CutlassRacer
  • Like 1

Hello,  I am also interested. I am a Florida resident and have raced the road courses in Daytona and Sebring. I have decades of experience as a crewman, owner and driver in all levels of oval track, fabrication and mechanics.  I had 2 different cars that were going to run Daytona but they both canceled in the last week. Let me know if you are still looking