Jamie

Is there a Utah Motorsports (Miller) scan?

There is! rFactor. The original one. I hear there's a way you can turn an rFactor track into Automobilista or rFactor 2, but I've never tried it.

3 hours ago, drKorf said:

There is! rFactor. The original one. I hear there's a way you can turn an rFactor track into Automobilista or rFactor 2, but I've never tried it.

Oh sorry, I read that too fast.

I should say, not for iRacing.

Sadly, not for iRacing. If you go outside of iRacing, you can enter the world of community-built tracks. There's some good and some bad. I can't comment on the authenticity of Miller as I haven't driven it in real life or simulation. Anyone know a Miller expert?

Yes. You can still get the old rFactor through Steam. It's the same price as AMS and rFactor 2 I think, so kind of expensive for old software. That's one way to get some sighting laps there. Converting to AMS and rFactor 2 looks like a bit of a pain. I looked at the conversion software and FAQ, and there's a lot of minor stuff that can go wrong. Someone who knows what they're doing might be able to convert it in minutes. But someone not familiar with how those softwares are organized may be stymied for a long time. There's also a free demo of rFactor, which you could probably hack by replacing Toban content with Miller, but that's sort of a dishonest way to save $25.

Paging @BrianK! Is converting tracks for different engines something  you would have some knowledge on? 

Also, when can I buy that Buttonwillow scan?!

You can get the Buttonwillow scan now for AC. I've got it (as well as Ridge, Pacific, PIR, and a bunch of other stuff). It's part of the Sim Traxx package. Donate to them and they will send you a newsletter with the links.

• Like 1

So the version @drKorf linked had some issues. Could be user error but this version worked: https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Miller%20MP it had an installer so it was dummy proof. I raced Utah this weekend and can say that the home made scan is actually really close and was super helpful. Now only if i could get a decent car model and VR...