@NineLivesJohnny

Elan made airfoils starting at $275

3 hours ago, @NineLivesJohnny said:

The wing was made for an indy/champ car

Nuff said 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, @NineLivesJohnny said:

we don't have an official number. The wing was made for an indy/champ car then shrunken(chord) and lengthened(width) for the dop2, then shrunk (chord) and made from aluminum for the np01. then we got a hold of it. 

We have run a full Open air cfd on it. you can grab the profile from our CFD page. https://9livesracing.com/cfd-testing

All I need is the Coordinates file to load into my program.  I can try to develop based on your posted photo, but if the aspect ratio has been modified I will get incorrect results.

Regards,

Chris

Could you make some fiberglass airfoils of profiles of my choice? How much would just the airfoil part about six feet wide cost? Also, is there an email adress that I could contact you on?

2 hours ago, The Aero Man said:

Could you make some fiberglass airfoils of profiles of my choice? How much would just the airfoil part about six feet wide cost? Also, is there an email adress that I could contact you on?

we don't do fiberglass. ours are very light. weighing in at .2lbs per in. comparable carbon weighs in at .14lbs per inch. just a .06Lbs difference. to fiberlgass, the difference would be even smaller.  

1 hour ago, @NineLivesJohnny said:

FYI honda Kits are on sale and that sale ends next week. 

Get better braking and higher corner speeds from your FWD racer. 

https://9livesracing.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbig-wang-for-fwd-honda-acura-pre-order

IMG_3637.jpg

What is your take on mounting on the trunk lid vs cutting and mounting on the frame?

• Like 1

opinion is. the best trunk lids in the world are mounted on rubber. so when you wing/spoiler is trunk mounted it's going to move. moving wings/spoilers = changing AOA. if your AOA moves around that means your downforce and drag will constantly be changing.

cliff notes trunk mounts will not be as consistent as frame mounts. 

Fist #1!! Big Wáng scores. @ecotech miata won their (racing class that shall not be named here but rhymes with shamerican durdurance) Racing class with a 64” Wáng and R Theory Motorsports uprights. Congratulations team, glad we can help!

32804448_2084660754895578_8723349470353293312_n[1].jpg