Anyone running a Dodge Stealth?

VegasNick

Our team runs the 3000GT's with the DOHC motors.  Another team (Nuke Proof) runs the Stealth with the SOHC.  Both cars are heavy FWD and very labor intensive to keep running.  I see from your login you are from Daytona.  We will be there in couple weeks  for the race (if we can get the cars back together again) so stop in and take a look for yourself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 10:47 AM, CWag said:

Our team runs the 3000GT's with the DOHC motors.  Another team (Nuke Proof) runs the Stealth with the SOHC.  Both cars are heavy FWD and very labor intensive to keep running.  I see from your login you are from Daytona.  We will be there in couple weeks  for the race (if we can get the cars back together again) so stop in and take a look for yourself.

Sorry I missed you guys! Hope you did well. 

• Like 1

They did! One of them got 5th. Only thing I noticed that you might want to consider is they added transmission cooling - plumbing a hose to and from the radiator with the built-in cooling loop and what looked like a tilton electric pump. Other than that, they had a basic surge tank setup, probably also a good idea.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slugworks Paul said:

They did! One of them got 5th. Only thing I noticed that you might want to consider is they added transmission cooling - plumbing a hose to and from the radiator with the built-in cooling loop and what looked like a tilton electric pump. Other than that, they had a basic surge tank setup, probably also a good idea.

Oh so that was you I was talking to in impound.  Always good to put a face to a forum name.  We found the tranny was our weakest link so we had to use some points to add some cooling.  Doesn't increase speed, but has kept us on the track longer.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Yeah I run an SOHC stealth.   Lots of work to get it consistent,  but it's been great the last 4 races with very minimal issues.  Honestly, I'd never built a race car before this one, so I think any car would have been a lot of work.  Parts are cheap and plentiful, lots of easy to get technical information, pretty easy to modify.   If i had to do it all over again I'd be a golden retriever.  I'm in Pittsburgh.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jason

Stealth mid.jpg