Maxxis 2018 Champcar contingency

12 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

For everyone to hear, is there any prerequisite to have your tires in the car to qualify?

Good question.  What % of the tires on the car at the finish need to be Maxxis, and do they need to be on the car the whole weekend?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, tommytipover said:

Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. Probably should staple your invoice to your log book. ^_^

You used to have to provide a sales invoice for Red Line that wad within 6 months of the race to get the contingency money, but that was back in the day

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ritche Maxxis said:

Hi Everyone, 

In case you didn't know Maxxis is running contingency per event. 22 tires up for grabs per weekend (double weekend). This is for the overall winner per day. 

1st 4 tires

2nd 3 tires

3rd 2 tires

4th 1 tire

5th 1 tire

Your sponsorship is greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

You used to have to provide a sales invoice for Red Line that wad within 6 months of the race to get the contingency money, but that was back in the day

Yup, and twice I won certificates that I didn't get to use even though I run redline fluids. Maxxis on the other hand has been no problem, just submit the invoice number from your online order with your request.

9 hours ago, Jamie said:

Is this for every race? I thought it was only select east coast ones 

I think some races in the past there were extra tires awarded beyond what the current contingency prizes are.

12 hours ago, Plum crazy said:

So if I read this right, winning your class won't get you anything unless you are 5th or better overall.

That's disappointing.

I'll be the one to point this out...

Class trophies are participation trophies anyway....

Sorry! :unsure:

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 10:53 AM, wvumtnbkr said:

I'll be the one to point this out...

Class trophies are participation trophies anyway....

Sorry! :unsure:

The pro teams sure are proud of their class wins, why shouldn't champcar teams? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Because they actually have different rules for the different classes... There are actually more than 1 race happening on the track at the same time.  There is only 1 race happening with Champcar.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Because they actually have different rules for the different classes... There are actually more than 1 race happening on the track at the same time.  There is only 1 race happening with Champcar.  

Lol.  BCCR disagrees but continue on. 

36 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

That's an attitude that can promote accidents and ruin someones day.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

That's an attitude that can promote accidents and ruin someones day.

I dont get this?

There is literally only 1 race happening at a Champcar weekend.  That is factual.  

How does that promote accidents? 

Champcar: 100 cars on the track all following the same ruleset....  

Versus

Pro racing with multiple classes: 100 cars on track with 3 different rulesets..

Which one is more dangerous?

Edited by wvumtnbkr

On 3/29/2018 at 1:25 PM, Snake said:

Agreed, so if only one race why are the cars in different classes?

Just go by the point rule, pick a car and stay under 500 pts.

Don't mean to start a argument, after all we all leave the track with the same amount of price money.;)

16 minutes ago, Plum crazy said:

Agreed, so if only one race why are the cars in different classes?

Just go by the point rule, pick a car and stay under 500 pts.

Don't mean to start a argument, after all we all leave the track with the same amount of price money.;)

The cars arent in different classes. :D

Just because cars have a different letter after their number doesnt mean the rules are ANY different.

It would be like if we put a different letter on all cars that are RED.  Then, I guess, you could say we have multi class racing because there are the RED cars and everybody else.  The only difference being the color of the car and the letter after the number.  No other rules are different.

Just because a car happens to have a certain size engine, that makes it multi-class racing?  

Do the Turbo Nissans in prototype race a different class than the larger naturally aspirated engines?  Nope.  Same class....

If yall get something out of the classes, go ahead.  I just dont understand it at all... B)

• 1 month later...