2018 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 4, Championship Race - Daytona Road - 3/29/2018

Rapido

Please note - there is an iRacing update today, so give yourself a bit of time to download and install this prior to registering for the event

Championship round tonight, so make sure to register early to be sure of a grid spot. Given that the upcoming ChampCar round at Daytona will be finishing at 11pm, we will run tonight at night as a new and different challenge. Everything else is as standard, with a long race and a mandatory pit stop. The speed differential on the banking can be quite high, so use caution when changing lanes or lapping traffic.

Session Details

• Date: Thursday, 29-March-2018
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm EST/6:00pm PST
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm EST/8:00pm PST
  • Race Start: 9:00pm EST/9:00pm PST
  • Cars: Street Stock, 2016 Global Mazda Cup
  • Track: Daytona Road
  • Weather: NIGHT (Partly Cloudy, 78°F, 55% humidity)
  • License Requirement: Minimum D 2.0
  • Setup: Fixed, Baseline with reduced fuel (Miata), Modified Baseline (Street Stock)

Useful Links

2018 ChampCar Sim Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Discord Server

Yeah wow, thanks for the broadcast, didnt realize that was going on. 

I apologize to Alex and Mark if my racecraft was poor, Thursdays are my favorite day of the week because of this league and it was unfortunate that today was an incredibly high stress day for me, certainly not performing my best. 

Looking forward to a better April in my life and focusing on Charlotte Road next month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Ragsdale said:

Yeah wow, thanks for the broadcast, didnt realize that was going on. 

I apologize to Alex and Mark if my racecraft was poor, Thursdays are my favorite day of the week because of this league and it was unfortunate that today was an incredibly high stress day for me, certainly not performing my best. 

Looking forward to a better April in my life and focusing on Charlotte Road next month.

We are glad you enjoyed the broadcast.  Join the Discord server in the future and the guys will get you "on the air" during the pre/post race.

No worries, we had a great time and only touched lightly once.  I had a tough day in the salt mine and it felt great to not think about any of that for an hour.  You guys kept me on my toes every step of the way.  I too hope that my racecraft was polite, I want to race hard every lap and go side by side.  I am an aggressive  racer so when I get it back, I have little room to complain.  As long as we don't make contact, I am happy to race hard.

Matt, your racecraft was fine. Even with the pass you apologized for in the west horseshoe, I didn't have an issue with it. It was a clean pass even if you missed your braking point.  Running with Alex and yourself made it an interesting night.  I did notice some interesting "team tactics" with the mixed classes in qualifying though. 

3 hours ago, Matt Ragsdale said:

3.something gallons to start with gets me 30 minutes through the race. 4 gallons doesnt get me through the last half with some coasting. Poot

Alex and Mark, great fun up front!

I pitted a lap before you and thought I was a lap to the good. When I got the 2 lap warning I knew I was in trouble so I went to pit to salvage a finish. I didn't want to run out on track like I did at Sonoma. 

I am going to watch the broadcast now in the work truck now that things have slowed down. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I falsely accused Nick of trying to wreck us. I watched the tape after, it wasn’t him. My bad

I was a little worried when I seen he entered the race.... but other than 26 incidents I didn't see him try to take anyone out this time.  I was figuring it was coming though, each time we lapped him.  Based on the Sonoma race, there is still no apology needed. 

Great Race broadcast tonight!  Sure @Doc, @Bill Strong and Paulie would love to be able to have all the camera views you guys enjoy!

My race was good, i thought I was saving fuel, but obviously not as much as Alex. During the Pitstop I came out ahead of Will Salisbury, but after Alex pitted he had at least 15 seconds on me.  I kept my mistakes to a minimum with only  a little light contact with Conner entering the bus stop chicane.  This resulted in a spin, but I kept my cool, did my best to keep my tires cool and worked my way back past Matt and pushed hard hoping to catch Alex.  As luck would have it (bad luck for him getting blocked by an angry group of miatas!) I caught him on the last lap, but a poor exit from the bus stop chicane saw me narrowly (0.1 sec) miss the last spot on the podium!

I also participated in the West coast race..will post video in the am.

Edited by Hurljohn
add info
  • Like 1

Man, even the iRacing broadcasters are giving me a hard time.

I should forward them some of my YouTube onboards. I drive like that all the time!

iRacing, once again proving realistic! :D

Edited by Wyatt
  • Like 2

Fantastic race. John, Will, and myself were nose to tail throughout the first stint. 

After a very nerve wracking gaggle with 2 to go, John came flying back into 3rd with an awesome pass. We drag raced to the line and I was lucky enough to grab it. 

Between this race and the couple previous, some fun, and great driving by John. Hope to see more of that this season!

Great win to Wyatt. As usual your pace was incredible. Devon Peters was also insanely fast.

Broadcast was a lot of fun as well. I think it's really cool to see this running in real time with some awesome commentary. Really hope we get more of this throughout the year!

Edited by Alex Koffard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The West Coast Round, I get beat at the line again!  Tried to commentate some, but still haven't gotten the mic setting figured out.  So it might be a little hard to hear.  No Super Stocks?  Guess it makes some sense, after seeing all the Miatas at Sonoma.

Edited by Hurljohn