Bill Strong

What happened to your ChampCar today? 2018 Version

First post! I win!

Well...
Ian and I discussed some cool widebody stuff we will be doing to the Opel GT. That will fit the bondo issues. so less weight.

We should not be getting all 90hp from the engine now. But will dyno test to be certain.

Your turn

Why close the other thread that had been going for 5 years?

I argued on the internet about how to value and prepare a Champcar...  Does that count?

• Like 1

I did nothing to the car because I'm at a complete lose on how to interpret the rules I thought I understood. :(

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Zip tied the remaining wires for our conversion to F.I. Finished the exhaust system. 

Not today. But this past 30 days. I sweep the floor today. 

Lost the battle against a rusted-solid O2 sensor.... Any suggestions (I already tried some heat [not a ton], and lots of PBBlaster)?

1 minute ago, enginerd said:

Lost the battle against a rusted-solid O2 sensor.... Any suggestions (I already tried some heat [not a ton], and lots of PBBlaster)?

aerokroil

2 minutes ago, enginerd said:

http://www.howeslube.com/multipurpose.php

Try tightening it a little first. Then, back it out just a little. Work back and forth. But, that being said, if it's totally seized, it's destination f***ed. 

Holy crappers, washing the car, rotating already mounted tires(recently inspected, was bedding them) a cracked has started to become obvious, yes there was a mark from rd atl but it seemed fine 200 street miles ago... Fortunately, last week, Luis suggested we get a spare.

• Like 1

Put the the seat back in the car yesterday, need to change the front main seal and button up some wiring tonight.

Michigan is being Michigan.   Its the season of multi-personality weather patterns.  A few boxes showed up today, I brushed the snow off of them and put them in the warm-ish garage....   Hopefully Friday will be nice enough to finish the outside work of bending the remaining tubes before the boys show up for a weekend of fun with cars.

4 hours ago, enginerd said:

Get it red hot with the hot wrench and hit it with the impact gun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enginerd said:

Been there done that. What seems to work for me is letting some PB blast soak overnight, put some vice grips on it as tight as I can get em, and go at it. 

Fixed our brake lights, PO had tapped half the ground wires to the running lights circuit. Everything worked normally till you turned on the running lights then half the brake lights would go out.

20180404_222555.jpg

At our Onne, Nigeria assembly and fab Shop and my personal shop that is all we use anymore. Saved us 10k a year not buying WD40 or any anti seize arosal. This combination is magic.

10 hours ago, KGRacing said:

Try tranny fluid mixed with acetone.

Edited by Cam Benty

7 hours ago, Cam Benty said:

At our Onne, Nigeria assembly and fab Shop and my personal shop that is all we use anymore. Saved us 10k a year not buying WD40 or any anti seize arosal. This combination is magic.

What ratio?

32 minutes ago, enginerd said:

What ratio?

If I recall correctly, 50-50 also look up this recipe I think it was Toulane not acetone originally  but the author turned it down to keep it safe for the kiddies 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Plum crazy said:

Wondering which bolts I forgot to torque.

20180404_193813.jpg

Needs more scrapes, dents, and dirt. :ph34r: