1 hour ago, CoachMK21 said:

Our driver drove past the parked Saab, before the incident.  From what I can tell, the caution was not out, but the car is clearly stopped.  Video starts as our car exits turn 1.

I assume you have a GM engine in that car based on the look of the ECU.  Is that a 3800?  Why run EC?  I think you can make it work and be at or under 500 pts with that engine.

32 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I assume you have a GM engine in that car based on the look of the ECU.  Is that a 3800?  Why run EC?  I think you can make it work and be at or under 500 pts with that engine.

You are correct, but we aren't in EC.  We are in C, with 522 points, so gave up 3 laps.  Even so, we ended up 24th and 13th in class.  We have discussed how to lose 30 points and then have some points for a spoiler.

EDIT:

I see I still have EC listed in my signature.  I think we were EC for the first race we did, then got ourselves straightened out to be closer to 500.

Edited by CoachMK21

1 minute ago, CoachMK21 said:

You are correct, but we aren't in EC.  We are in C, with 522 points, so gave up 3 laps.  Even so, we ended up 24th and 13th in class.  We have discussed how to lose 30 points and then have some points for a spoiler.

3 laps? Shouldn't there be a 1.5x multiplier bringing you to 33pts over = 4 laps? Or are we not doing the multiplier anymore, even though its in the rules?

Edited by mindspin311

16 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

EDIT:

I see I still have EC listed in my signature.  I think we were EC for the first race we did, then got ourselves straightened out to be closer to 500.

wow.  Maybe message me with what you are working with and I can help you run legal...

Just now, wvumtnbkr said:

wow.  Maybe message me with what you are working with and I can help you run legal...

16 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

3 laps? Shouldn't there be a 1.5x multiplier bringing you to 33pts over = 4 laps? Or are we not doing the multiplier anymore, even though its in the rules?

I'm just a driver who does what they are told, usually :)  I can let our captain know about your offer.  As for the multiplier, I hadn't even thought of it and I'm sure our captain didn't either.  We've only run 8 hours or less the past couple years, so it probably just slipped by us.  No one else through registration made any mention of it.  

Looks like we have a common friend, same place on track 2:40 (@my0:24, play with pausing vid as cars pass me while spinning)

Great  D class sounds!

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, housejoe said:

Not sure if it was said earlier post, but I think the color of the Saab played a significant role here as well.  I have watched the video at least 20 times, and you really only see the Saab for an instant while the pack is exiting the horseshoe and sorting itself out.  Even then there was really no way to tell that it was stationary because it blended so well with the track..I'm sure that's why the lead car in the video was caught off guard.  This was a concern of ours when we painted our car black (night), now we have a new higher visibility (and way cooler) paint scheme...

This is why we have our screaming red LED's from Bow to Stern..Black is tough to see..

On 4/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, hotrodmengel said:

Nice sounding car!

It sucks that you got hit.  The wisdom is “stay on the traditional racing line and cars won’t have to guess where you are going next” probably applies here.  It looks like he set up for a late corner pass, assuming that you’d drive the line and track out.  You didn’t come anywhere near the normal exit trajectory (not sure why - were you trying to leave him an outside line?) and your car ended up being in an unexpected place.  It is still his fault, but that doesn’t make your damage go away.  Ninety nine out of a hundred cars track out in that turn if there isn’t another car already there - he made a calculated move and it failed.