15 hours ago, Josh_C said:

We made 14 laps...

first hit ended the day breaking the rear mount...

second hit totaled the chassis...

I have some rolling Miata bodies with clean FLORIDA titles $200

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Team Infiniti said:

You can trust it was not on purpose, noticed during caution the drink was hard to get in cup holder, found it while fishing around, it was disappointing to find, already broken, it did not take to the drink moisture and vibration well.

Is that why you are ignoring my text this morning..  lol.

• Haha 4

Well I got all the way down to Daytona and spent ALL DAY in the tech shed waiting for the show , humph nothin .. All I saw was some nice cars a few safety issues addressed ,a couple of values adjusted , a lot of laughing and joking around , met some new champs ,and got to see lots of friends again .  

So now I'm wondering how factual is this place ?    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, okkustom said:

Well I got all the way down to Daytona and spent ALL DAY in the tech shed waiting for the show , humph nothin .. All I saw was some nice cars a few safety issues addressed ,a couple of values adjusted , a lot of laughing and joking around , met some new champs ,and got to see lots of friends again .  

So now I'm wondering how factual is this place ?    

cars (team) in question said too many pitchforks and pales of gasoline at tech, so the decided to withdraw the original meeting team and reschedule to 5pm.

the term that came to mind was bobbing and weaving...I can't blame them

17 hours ago, Josh_C said:

We made 14 laps...

first hit ended the day breaking the rear mount...

second hit totaled the chassis...

Josh, man you have no idea how much I hate seeing this as the owner of the car that initiated your problems. As someone else mentioned, that was #226, our rental SC300. The driver did report that he had contact in Turn 1, and he said that he stuck his nose in thinking that your driver was going wide and giving him the inside line, then your car turned in and he couldn't change direction quick enough to avoid contact with you. I try to preach to our renters about being 100% sure that any car that they are passing knows that they are there and to be very deliberate with presenting themselves to the other car. The next lap around, when he saw that you guys had been hit by another car, he was really upset with himself over the radio. This will definitely add to my pre-race drivers meeting with my renters. I am sorry for your rough weekend and one of my cars contributing to it.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, flboy7x said:

cars (team) in question said too many pitchforks and pales of gasoline at tech, so the decided to withdraw the original meeting team and reschedule to 5pm.

the term that came to mind was bobbing and weaving...I can't blame them

Sounds more like they were splashing gas on themselves while inciting flamage ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The state of the car after our tire-wall encounter around 130 pm?

Attach69245_20180409_072132.thumb.jpg.95b0f3d0e74ffc3e225287133b4fa237.jpg

Pretzel Suspension Arms:

Attach69246_20180409_072132.thumb.jpg.f9ff39a41be669cde60013770ce54fa1.jpg

How we finished the race.

Attach69253_20180409_073114.thumb.jpg.0bf54093b64ca7846dfe6a2f0924ea65.jpg

Total took about 2 hours to disassemble/junkyard run/hammer into shape/repair.  Also removed the rear sway bar to help try and tame our wondering backend.  New suspension is much less forgiving than the old but I think we're getting there.  Also, needing to unlearn/relearn how to drive the car.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Can anyone tell me about the Red/White Marlboro liveried E46? Was it a 330 or 325?

Not sure, but I believe it was either a 328 or 325.  The only 330 on the entry list was the Matt Connolly car.

12 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Can anyone tell me about the Red/White Marlboro liveried E46? Was it a 330 or 325?

Listed on entry list as 328. TLM cars all run in EC

It was a fun, but long day for me.  Since I still haven't finished welding up the repair of our 944 after our race-ending contact at Sebring, and because the rest of my team couldn't make it, I decided to head up and volunteer for the race.  Left south florida at 4am, headed up and worked the race from the start until the finish at 11, saw the dyno runs, left Daytona a little after midnight and returning home at 3am.  Almost a 24 hour day.

Most of you all saw me at pit-out, so I had a pretty nice view of turn 1.

My favorite was the guy that blew past me at pit out without even slowing down, then stopped about 100' down pit-out after realizing what he had done.  Oops.  He apologized though.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, jakks said:

Saab issue should have never happened. It was stated at the drivers meeting that if you break in the infield to go drivers left OFF-TRACK. The driver had enough momentum out of International Horseshoe to make it where he was. Wasn’t hard to get off track. I went by it just before a big pack came up on it and thought to myself, “It’s going to be more than just one car when I come back around.” Sure enough was. Sorry to see 3 cars tore up with 2 being write-offs, but that was totally avoidable if Saab would have pulled off-track.

Is there more information available on this?

What other cars were involved?  How did the accident happen?  Where on the track was the incident?

Thanks for the info.

5 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Is there more information available on this?

What other cars were involved?  How did the accident happen?  Where on the track was the incident?

Thanks for the info.

I’d say he was in the area in the file.

other cars involved were a dark colored Miata and the silver and black E36 Florida based team. 

Miata made a move to drivers left trying to get around a slowed up group due to seeing the stopped car not realizing the Saab was there. E36 slammed into back of the Miata. 

8A9F6AC6-BB90-41FA-AD14-CDC9519BD29B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Where on the track was the incident?

After the east horseshoe (T3) approaching the kink (T4) is where the car was stopped. If you are in a pack of cars nose to tail it is possible that you could not have line of sight of a stopped car so if you duck out of line to initiate a pass - bam (or conversely if the car ahead of you is driving off his/her hood and then darts out of the way at the last minute you'd have almost nil time to react)

57 minutes ago, ddombrowski said:

My favorite was the guy that blew past me at pit out without even slowing down, then stopped about 100' down pit-out after realizing what he had done.

One of our guys got over excited and left with the timer, pretty sure he stopped at pit out, but not for long enough  -_- (one of only two real "mistakes" on the day driving-wise, so not horrible)

1 hour ago, pintodave said:

Literally this, just slow the cars down about 70 mph:

That is exactly the accident I was thinking about.

Did the Saab driver take out 3 or 4 cars by pulling out into oncoming traffic at Sebring as well?  (I assume he did NOT, I was referencing the Ferrari driver in the accident with Memo above). 

Got some orange red and yellow paint I would like to return but the owner never came by… edit: it was a bimmer :lol:

Exiting Horshoe it was enough  of a right rear punt to send  around in the grass, Video following 

I would post a phone picture but @Bill Strong seems to have shrunk in my picture allotment down to 786 MB and I do not have the energy to jump through hoops to shrink it in the computer

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jakks said:

I’d say he was in the area in the file.

other cars involved were a dark colored Miata and the silver and black E36 Florida based team. 

Miata made a move to drivers left trying to get around a slowed up group due to seeing the stopped car not realizing the Saab was there. E36 slammed into back of the Miata. 

8A9F6AC6-BB90-41FA-AD14-CDC9519BD29B.jpeg

I was driving the Black and Silver Empty Pockets Racing # 52 E36 that got collected in the SAAB debacle.  This is my whole stint including the crash.

i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Jumped on the brakes and yanked the wheel right but i didn’t have room to escape.

Ryan

• Sad 2

Looks worse than I thought for you guys. Looks like maybe 3 cars written off. Sorry to see that. I spoke to you guys at AMP 2 years ago, I think. Looks like you guys had gotten the car quicker.

Edited by jakks

10 hours ago, Racer7x said:

+1 for fred sanford miata parts

10 hours ago, Ogren-Engineering said:

I have a  Rust free.   NA Miata shell for 250$

10 hours ago, Chummy said:

IMG_20170711_095253~2.jpg

We have plenty of miata's trust me. This car was a retired winning spec miata from the early 00's which is why this is so sad...

8 hours ago, CutlassRacer said:

Josh, man you have no idea how much I hate seeing this as the owner of the car that initiated your problems. As someone else mentioned, that was #226, our rental SC300. The driver did report that he had contact in Turn 1, and he said that he stuck his nose in thinking that your driver was going wide and giving him the inside line, then your car turned in and he couldn't change direction quick enough to avoid contact with you. I try to preach to our renters about being 100% sure that any car that they are passing knows that they are there and to be very deliberate with presenting themselves to the other car. The next lap around, when he saw that you guys had been hit by another car, he was really upset with himself over the radio. This will definitely add to my pre-race drivers meeting with my renters. I am sorry for your rough weekend and one of my cars contributing to it.

The driver did enter the corner a little slow but he is a licensed pro and was just cruising around. He follows the aim for the tires line and never saw your guy. It wasn't his fault for the second hit. That was ours for not replacing the starter we knew struggled when hot and pulling some timing out of the car to make it easier to start. Hope it didn't ruin ya'lls weekend to much.

That said the second could have been really really bad if the car hadn't spun as much as it did. We may or may not be back to champcar... jury is still out. We are done until atleast June. Hopefully we will see you at NCM.

• Like 1