Floridiot

Tried to Live Stream at Daytona

So, I tried to LiveStream in-car video at Daytona but had issues with the stream dropping (seemingly randomly).  The stream would sometimes run for an hour fine, and then others drop before we left pit lane.  What am I doing wrong?

My setup is:  IPhone 6s, plugged in with charging cable, using the YouTube GoLive function in the YouTube App.

Not sure.  Ours died about 2s after we started the car and we never tried to get it going again.  But I'd like to hear what other successfully did to live stream.

Edited by zack_280
Grammar

On 4/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, Floridiot said:

So, I tried to LiveStream in-car video at Daytona but had issues with the stream dropping (seemingly randomly).  The stream would sometimes run for an hour fine, and then others drop before we left pit lane.  What am I doing wrong?

My setup is:  IPhone 6s, plugged in with charging cable, using the YouTube GoLive function in the YouTube App.

We had the same issues.  It ran for about 30mins before the phone died, I forgot to plug it in, my fault.  Pulled it out of the car for a stint, got it ready to go for the next stint...and forgot to plug it in again, ran for about an hour.  Pulled it again, then the reg flag happened.  We got it in the car, running, and plugged up.  It died after about 30 mins...app crash.  I think the youtube live app has issues, going to research other apps that can live stream to youtube.

Edited by Jab31169

We used an iPhone5 (I think), plugged in and streamed to Facebook Live.  It ran for nearly 2 hours to start the race, then stopped for no reason.  We put it back in later in the day, but it only ran for an hour or so I think then stopped again.

I think the biggest reason is the apps just crash.  They might not like the continuous running for hours and hours.  Or in the case of Facebook, maybe there is a set duration limit?

I think facebook has a duration limit, I know champcar live runs into that same issue and has to relaunch the stream every so often

• Like 1

There is a TON of interference with signals with the airport next door to Daytona.  Also, you gotta turn your wifi off at Daytona as that track has a huge wifi network (Sprint is the nascar sponsor) that phones will constantly try and connect to and want you to login through.   Most of the issues are airport related though.   Sebring isn't so active and has way less issues.   We used AT&T and it wasn't as smooth as it usually is and did eventually crash.   We then lost the motor so i didn't get a chance to restart it and see what i could do with settings to see if it would have helped.  

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

have to use external antennas for the hotspots, the roof's block signals in the banking. open tops don't have a lot of issues.
airport radio does interfere.

Daytona is a hard one to crack.